Wednesday 7 August 2019

Lewis Capaldi

LEWIS CAPALDI and the Manchester Camerata Orchestra
Monday 5th August 2019 - Croxteth Hall and Country Park


On Monday night I went to see Lewis Capaldi at Croxteth Hall. He was performing a one off gig with the Manchester Camerata Orchestra. 

I was in work till 3 then Danielle and her mate Rachel met up with me. I was planning on going for food after then drive down as the car park wasn't opening till 5 and gates 6 but everyone was telling me to go as early as possible as at the weekend they had the CBBC Summer Social and people were queuing for hours trying to get in. We got a burrito box from Changos and I drove straight down. It was fine no traffic or any problems. We got there in less than half an hour so just sat and ate our food and waited. There was a few people already waiting.

Security weren't even that bothered about checking bags and just let us in. I went straight in and was 4th row from the front. Danielle and Rachel got off to go the toilet and to get some food and just agree to find each other at the end. Holly was working till 5 so didn't get dropped off till 5:30 so she just came up to meet me.





Craig Charles



Craig Charles was the first warm up. The vibe and audience was so weird - young kids at the front, scals and old people as well. Craig Charles was proper going for it giving it all but the crowd just wasn't feeling it, felt so bad for him. He was shouting "You can't go wrong with Stevie" - don't even think half the crowd knew who he ment as no one was dancing or moving! He was on for over an hour it was just awkward.

Scott Mills and Chris Stark






Radio 1's Scott Mills and Chris Stark were on next and they properly got the crowd going. They weren't on that long but they did a better job than Craig Charles did! Lewis came on after 9.

Lewis Capaldi and the Manchester Camerata Orchestra













As a tribute to Liverpool he covered "Yesterday".









A girl left her mates to run to us so she could pass these sunglasses to Lewis. She kept shouting him "Lewis glasses!!" but he couldn't see her and told her she needed to turn her phone light on so he would notice her but she said she didn't have enough battery so everyone around kept shouting and he eventually noticed her. She wanted to hand pass it to him but she ended up throwing them up on stage and he got them. Weird as he's so funny but his music just doesn't fit his personality!



















He was so good I really enjoyed it considering we only bought tickets about 3 weeks ago and only cost £22.50. I seen Bastille in February and was ready for another gig so this was perfect. The weather wasn't hot or cold - the rain stayed off and it wasn't muddy so it was a dream! 

He was really funny and it went so well with the orchestra. His next album definitely needs to be more up beat though to fit his personality. Like he couldn't wear them sunglasses the girl threw to him to sing sad love songs. It was his first show in Liverpool and it was worth it I would definitely go see him again. It was a great venue just a shame it wasn't organised well at all because it was a one off event.

The night was kind of ruined though as I had murder with 2 really drunk girls during Scott and Chris' DJ set. One was completely smashed the other wasn't as drunk. They some how managed to push themselves to us and were being really annoying pushing and knocking into people. One girl was ready to have a fight but her mate was just like stop bumping into her cos if you get kicked out I'm not going with you. Then she started pushing into me and pulling my hair. I just turned around and told her to stop touching me. She kept doing it and I was just like f off!! 

They were being really annoying so told the bouncers and they were just like calm down. She kept doing it so I went up to the bouncers and said she keeps touching me and doing my head in I want them throwing out. One bouncer jumped over but didn't take her away.  Don't know why they just left her because she was on the verge of getting battered by 3 different people. She put her arm around me and I actually nearly broke her wrist at one point they were so annoying doing everyone's head in. The other girl's boyfriend had enough and ended up swilling her with water but it got Holly more than the girl! This was when Lewis had just come on stage so the more sober one just grabbed her mate and they got off cos if someone punched her she wouldn't have been able to do anything she was that drunk! But we finally got rid of them and could enjoy the rest of the night.

It was a nightmare getting out as the park was completely closed off to stop people from getting in we couldn't get out! Them 2 annoying girls ended up behind us and pushing again we were just like f off you pushing isn't getting anyone out any quicker!! 

Took us over half an hour to get to the car park then another half an hour to get out the car park then I was being taxi driver dropping everyone off home. It finished at 10:15 but I didn't get home till 12:15 and got into work the next morning just before 7:30. I actually wasn't that tired I'm more tired today than I was yesterday !


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment