Monday 22 May 2017

Chicken Pasta Bake


Chicken Pasta Bake super easy to make & quickish...

All ingredients are optional, switch it up to however you like, this is what I used to make mine!

Pasta Shapes
Garlic
Red onion
Carrots
Peas
Tomatoes
Peppers
Courgettes
Meat from 4 chicken legs
Chicken stock
Mozarella balls (I used 2 as I had a small dish)

190°C for 45 minutes

I baked 4 chicken legs in the oven with salt, pepper & garlic which I marinated over night. I took the skin off but it you want to keep it on for more flavour that's up to you! I baked them in the oven for around 45 minutes. Let them cool down & took the meat off the bone.

You can boil your pasta while your chicken is cooking. You can use any part of a chicken I just prefer meat from the leg or thighs & find chicken breast pretty dry no matter how I cook it. You don't have to bake your chicken you can cook it in the pan with your veg it's really up to you how to you want to make this!


Heat your pan up with some oil & a couple of cloves of garlic. Then throw your onion in. 

Once your onion has softened a bit add your carrots. Leave the lid over it for a couple of minutes then add your courgettes. 

Once they've softened a bit add your peas & peppers. Add your tomatoes last. If you want there to be more sauce you can use a tin of tomato soup or passata. I used 6 fresh tomatoes & just put them in the pan to reduce down. 

Once your tomato looks nothing like tomatos & has turned into a sauce you can add your chicken stock. I just used a stock cube & broke it up. Then added a teaspoon of cornflour mixed into a little bit of cold water to thicken the sauce up. I then added my cooked chicken & pasta. If you're cooking your chicken in a pan you'd do that first before your veg. Don't forget to season with salt & pepper!

Put it all into an oven dish & top with balls of mozarella chopped.


Bake in the oven at 190°C for 45 minutes until you cheese is bubbling.


Sorry this post sounds really vague but when it comes to cooking experiment try different things. Put things in you like, even if you don't like to make yourself learn to like! There are no rules or dead recipes that you have to follow strictly it's all about learning & experimenting to make things how you want!


No comments:

Post a Comment