Sunday 9 June 2019

Under Armour


Don't usually do posts like this but as the customer service was that bad I've got to post something to get noticed. I apologise now it's going to be a lengthy post...

On Sunday 19th May underarmour.co.uk had I'd say about 80% of the products on the website reduced down to £8.80. So I bought 10 items totalling £79.20 (as a new customer I got 10% off for signing up to the mailing list). I received an email on the same day as soon as the order went through confirming the order and all the items I bought. The day after on Monday 20th May less than 24 hours since the order was made the amount of £79.20 was taken from my account. No further updates were given on my order. I checked the "track my order" on the website and it just said my order was "being processed." It wasn't until I was told by a friend that other people were posting online saying they weren't getting their order and getting a refund I rang up Under Armour to check up on my order. I was told that there was a glitch in the system and that all orders that were made at the weekend would be refunded. The prices that were shown on the website were not being honoured. 

I questioned why the prices weren't being honoured. If it was in a shop you would have to honour the prices you can't just say it was a mistake but the guy on the phone said they don't have to and they have spoken to lawyers and they weren't going to honour the prices. I was annoyed but I was just like ok whatever as long as I get all my money back then. I was told I would receive a full refund on my order within the next 5 working days. On Saturday 25th May I received an email saying "Your refund is on the way! We've issued your refund. It may take up to 4 business days to post to your account. Here's the gear that was returned: (product code)" Refund total £7.92 - this was seen in my account the same day the email was received. I then rang up on Tuesday 28th May as the phone lines are closed at the weekend and it was Bank Holiday Monday - to ask why only a part refund has been issued for such a strange amount when the money came out in 1 transaction it should go back in as 1 transaction. It was for a random item from the order which I never sent back and that I'm still owed £71.28. I was told there was an error and that I should receive the rest of the money by the end of the working week. I asked if I could speak to a manager to make a formal complaint but was told there was none available and I would have to email to make a complaint.

I rang back on Friday 31st May and had to ring 14 times before I finally got to speak to someone as the money still wasn't in my account. I was told that the money would take another 3-5 working days. I asked if I could have an email to confirm that the refund is being processed as at this point I still didn't have an confirmation to say I wasn't receiving my order or that the money for that order was being refunded back to me. I was told an email had gone out to me and I should have it but I said it hadn't so they would send it again but still nothing right now. After speaking to Under Armour I rang my bank to ask if they could get my money back. They said as I was told it would take another 3-5 working days to give them a chance and ring back next week if I still didn't have the money and they would raise a dispute for me and I should win it as I never received the products.

I rang back on Tuesday 4th June at 8am as soon as the lines opened as the money still hadn't gone in. I was told that I should see the money in my account on that day or at least by the end of the day. I asked the assistant on the phone - Miguel that I wanted to speak to a manager as I wanted to make a formal complaint. He told me that it was not possible. I asked him why it was not possible and he just replied just it is not possible. So I asked if I could speak to someone higher up than him. He said it is not possible. So I said I wanted to speak to a manger to make a complaint as it is a joke that it has taken over 2 weeks for the money to be refunded back into my account and that I've not had any form of communication over it. He just replied again it was not possible. I said I want to speak to a manger and he said "it is not possible, you do not need to repeat yourself." I informed him I needed to speak to a manger he replied with "I have told you it is not possible. I am going to hang up. Have a nice day" and put the phone down on me!!

I was fuming how dare he put the phone down on me. I was already so angry the fact I still hadn't received my money but he had the cheek to actually put the phone down on me. What kind of customer service is that?! And that you can't speak to manager when you want to put a formal complaint. There must be someone higher up you can speak to if you want to make a complaint. I seriously hope that phone call was recorded and they do something about that as that is unacceptable customer service and how badly the situation was handled and that appropriate action is taken towards Miguel.

After the phone call I rang my bank to put a dispute in as I didn't believe the money was going to be going into my account that day. So a dispute was made for me but they said it could take up to 2 weeks. I checked my account before I went to bed that night and the money had actually went through which I was really shocked about as I didn't believe I was going to get my money back.

It took over TWO weeks for the money to be received back into my account but took less than 24 hours for the money to leave my account. I had no communication until I got in touch myself querying it. This is THE worst customer service I have ever received and had to deal with. For a start in store they would have no choice but to honour the prices but just because it is online they think they can get away with it. The fact the money went out of my account they might as well sell the products to me. Yes they've made a loss with the prices being so low but they've definitely lost more money now as I'm never shopping with them again and I'm sure all the other people who bought things that weekend are going to be the same. So they've made a much bigger loss there at least they did have my money because no one is going to trust them no more. It has been such a drama, stress and the amount of time I've wasted having to ring them and the bank to get my money back.

I've asked if there is any compensation being offered over this and have been told nothing is going to be offered. Surely some sort of compensation is owed. There has been no formal apology or formal statement to acknowledge this mess. I sent them a TWO page long email for my formal complaint...


And this is the reply I get back from them...


I replied back "Did anyone even read my last email? How can you reply with a standard email when the email I sent was 2 pages long? Did any of them points I made even get acknowledged? 

I most certainty will not be taking up that 40% discount as I will never be purchasing from Under Armour again. I will not be giving any of my money to a company that treats its customers the way I have been treated."

That was sent 3 days ago and still yet to receive a reply from it. This is not the end of it or the last Under Armour are going to hear from me as I am not letting this go especially when someone actually put the phone down on me.

Under Armour you have no idea who you are dealing with and what you have let yourself in for. This is not the end and I am winning this.


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment