Saturday 10 June 2023

Pippin's Corner

 


Went to Pippin's Corner on Lark Lane for brunch this afternoon with Holly. We got there around 1pm and thought Lark Lane and Sefton Park was going to be super busy but it wasn't as busy as we thought it was going to be.

We sat outside down the side in the shade where it was nice and cool as it was 28°C today. With a thunderstorm happening as I write this post as we've had really hot weather for the past 3/4 weeks and not had any rain for a while.


Boston Pancakes - Pancake stack - £9.50


Anything on Toast - Scrambled egg, bacon & avocado - £8.95

I got the pancakes and asked for fruit, no cream with maple syrup on the side. When it got brought out I asked where the fruit was and she said oh it's just at the bar I'll go and get it. Started eating and she just didn't come out with it so had to go in and ask. She brought it over in the same little tub as the maple syrup and all it had was 2 strawberries, 2 black grapes, 2 raspberries and a few blueberries. The pancakes were nice but was a bit crap the way they got my order wrong. Holly's was a choose 4 items on toast but she only chose 3. The scrambled eggs looked nice and I wished I went for that instead!

There were 2 menus one on a blackboard then a small one pinned to the board. On the big blackboard it had smoked salmon so I asked the girl and she said she would go in and ask then get back to us when she took our order. She didn't tell me if they did salmon so ended up ordering the pancakes.

After we got gelato from the gelato shop which was probably one of the busiest places on the street due to the good weather.



I got Biscoff & Honeycomb but as there was only a bit left in the tray and was really runny she said she could put it in a tub and give me a cone hence me holding a cone. Holly got the same but vegan version. It was nice could properly taste the Biscoff but it was melting so quick all over my hand!

8652 steps, 4 miles, 1 hr 30 mins later we did a few laps around Sefton Park to burn the gelato off. It was so hot in the sun but really nice in the shade. Refreshing now with the thunderstorm but will be a humid night!



No comments:

Post a Comment