Saturday 22 June 2024

The Killers - Rebel Diamonds Tour

THE KILLERS - Rebel Diamonds Tour
Manchester 3 - Co-op Live

Friday 21st June 2024



Last night I got to see The Killers for the 6th time on their Rebel Diamonds tour. It was their 3rd night playing the newly opened Co-op Live arena in Manchester. They played Tuesday and Wednesday night, had Thursday night off, played last night and again tonight. Tonight's is an extra night that was released when we were getting our tickets in the album presale. 

Last night happened to be Brandon's 43rd birthday so basically it was his birthday party. 

The queuing was a bit messy as there was one for VIP and another for general but wasn't clear which was the right queue you needed to be in. I got there at 4:45pm which was later than I had planned to get there. (Doors were 6:30pm). I booked a parking spot on a website called Your Parking Space which was a 20 minute walk and only cost me £3 as the arena parking was £25! The ticket was expensive enough as it is as - most expensive to date. They just keep going up! I was 162 in the general queue as someone was passing a sharpie down to number yourself for if you leave the queue you can get back in your spot.

Travis were supporting and I know they sing "Why Does It Always Rain One Me". Turns out I recognised all their new songs apart from the 2 new ones they did. "Sing", "Side", "Driftwood" and "Flowers in the Window" are songs everyone will also recognise but had no idea what they were called. They were good but not sure if it's where I was stood which was dead on centre the bass was too loud and the lead singer's mic needed turning up.








Travis came on after 7:30pm and played for about 45 minutes I think it was.

The Killers came out at 9:05pm. Brandon came out the front stage bit right in front of where I was and we all started singing Happy Birthday then he did a little speech and started with Mr Brightside which I was NOT ready for. I hate when they start with it - they actually did it the very first time I saw them back in 2012 on the Battle Born tour in Liverpool M&S Arena (Echo Arena at the time).

He didn't get on this mini front stage bit again. Was also hoping he would run down the front but didn't :(








This bean pole of a guy ruining all my photos with his ridiculously long arms!




















































Encore with a change of jacket











Show was amazing as always and just get better and better each time I see them! The visuals were so good and for once being further back would have been better but I want to be able to see Brandon with my own eyes and not on the screen. I was 4 from the barrier - considering people paid extra for VIP to get in an hour earlier and get a goodie bag with random stuff in. Got speaking to this woman next to me who got VIP but they ran out of the bags! I'd be fuming and kicking off cos they know how many tickets they've sold so surely they should have enough bags to hand out but they weren't the only ones which is mad. Also there was a guy who was 20 in the queue on the barrier was queuing from 10am and I was only 3 people behind him...

Set list wise I think we might have pulled the short straw as they did 2 covers New Order and The Stone Roses but I had no idea of these songs. On the first Manchester night they didn't play any covers which I'd rather they didn't since I'm paying to see them to sing their own songs! Each set has been 21 songs but we had the shortest encore as they played a longer set. Would have thought last night's would have been the best set list since it was Friday night but sadly not so wonder what they'll play tonight. You can see the set list here.

It finished at 10:50pm and was right by the exit so manged to get straight out after but when I got in I wanted to get as close to the front as possible didn't go the toilet and was dying to go for like 6 hours which is really bad. Skipped the merch and thought I'd be able to go after but as I went straight out couldn't get back in and then expected to see the blag stuff outside but only seen 1 guy and had no sizes left. Annoying as I don't actually have an official The Killers top - have to get one next time!

Good venue - well won't be good queuing in the winter or if it's raining as it's all outside but quick search as you stand on this platform which scans you and flags if you need to open your bag. I had an unopened bottle of water so they took that off me. Then you scan your ticket on the turnstile after the search and then get a wristband and you walk around the edge to get to the floor which is way better than the AO as you have to queue so many times and go down stairs. But the good thing with the AO is queuing is all indoors and closer to get home. Was a nightmare trying to leave Manchester but didn't help that Green Day were playing at Old Trafford Cricket Ground.


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment