Saturday 12 February 2022

West Ham United v Watford

Tuesday 8th February 2022



Took a very last minute trip down to London on Tuesday afternoon and came back on Thursday night. My dad was working in Enfield and was driving down so I decided to tag along for the ride. Super grateful that Kelly and Josh let me stay for 2 nights on such short notice. 
I drove down to Kelly's in Amersham which took around 4 hours from Liverpool then my dad took my car to where he was going and would pick me up on the way back. Much rather have took the train but the drive wasn't too bad only a bit of traffic when we got to Birmingham then the rest of the drive was clear and straightforward.

Kelly was working in the office and Josh was working from home so he was in and I basically ran to the toilet put my bags down did a quick change then we had to get the train as we were going to the West Ham game. Got the train to Marylebone then changed to get the tube and I couldn't tell you what tubes we got as we changed a few times. I just followed Josh but pretty sure we ended up in Hackney... We went to a pub to wait for Kelly. They had a pint then we went to get some food before the match. We walked along the canal and found this little boat called Baltic Fresh Sea Food and got some pre match calamari.



I got calamari and salad


 Kelly and Josh both got calamari and chips - Salad or chips was £9.

It was good calamari wasn't greasy at all and had a good flavour to them. Good pre match dinner. Once we ate we went to the stadium. West Ham play at the Olympic Stadium which is now called the London Stadium where they had the opening and closing ceremony and the athletics at the London 2012 Olympics. Really gutted I never went to the Olympics but at least I can say I've been to the Olympic park now. Need to go to a day time match so I can walk around the park and see the orb properly as we were on the wrong side of the stadium to see it.









Before the match there is a weird pyro light show with flames and flashing lights. Something a bit different to a start of a football match for sure. The stadium is huge and very different to being at Goodison Park. It's round rather than being square and so much more space. Also so many more toilets - clean and new.. 

Game started slow and wasn't great the first half apart from the Kurt Zouma boos and chants whenever he had the ball. Him starting after the cat video definitely wasn't the best choice. The second half definitely got better and the match ended with West Ham winning 1-0 so at least there was a goal and it was at our end. We were sat near the away end and the abuse the Watford fans were giving especially by actual teenagers... 

It was a good night and glad I got to go to a match as I usually go to London in the summer when the season is over so this was a nice unplanned trip! Also Tom the lead singer from Blossoms was sat next to us but Kelly and Josh didn't recognise him until we googled and it was definitely him. Should have got a selfie and asked for guest list as they're supporting The Killers when I finally get to see them in Manchester in June (this was meant to happen 2 years ago but thanks to covid it keeps getting cancelled!)


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment