Sunday 13 February 2022

London 2022

 


Wednesday I spent the day wandering London on my own. I got the train from Amersham to Marylebone and decided I wasn't going to get the tube at all and walk everywhere. I headed to Oxford Street to do some shopping on the hunt for the Nike shop. I did initially walk the wrong way but went to the other shops along that end of the stretch then walked back to where Nike is then went towards Chinatown to have some lunch.


Liberty London



I stopped off at this Japanese restaurant called Misato in Chinatown. I did want to get sushi but ended up getting a bento box as I was pretty hungry and needed something filling and this sounded nice.

I got the Sake Teriyaki Salmon Bento Box - Grilled salmon with teriyaki sauce, steamed rice, green salad, salted prawn, 2 pieces of maki, edamame beans, slice of orange, 2 pieces of seafood dumplings, chicken wing and miso soup - £13.80

It was really nice I ate it all! I liked the dressing they had on the salad. Don't know what it was but it was good.



This was a really bad idea getting an ice cream after eating all that food but I had to get a matcha ice cream. I was debating getting a bubble waffle but I was definitely too full for that so went for a Taiyaki Matcha Ice Cream from Bake - (a bakery) which I got last time when I was down in the summer. This was £4 the bubble waffle was £6. I also got a dan tart - Chinese egg custard tart - £1.60. Turns out this bakery is expensive as I walked into others and their tarts were only £1.20. I should have walked around more before getting this ice cream to let my food settle it was so good! After I walked to the Victoria and Albert Museum via Piccadilly Circus which was a trek but very much needed after all the food.

Piccadilly Circus









Passed Harrods on the way..

Victoria and Albert Museum






I got here and was sweating. It was so warm and I was wearing leather pants with my super warm coat as I went the West Ham match the night before so needed to wrap up and was packing light. I was sweating earlier on walking down Oxford Street and when I was trying clothes on when I went shopping it was a big of a task. I was even trying to look for clothes to get changed into but couldn't find anything I liked enough to buy. When I got to the museum I went to the toilet and when I came out I seen people sat charging their phones so I thought I'd take a breather and do the same but then I just cba and didn't want to move again! Didn't want to walk around the museum as I knew I had another trek to get back to Marylebone station as I was going for dinner back in Amersham with Kelly and Josh. I eventually got up and just did a quick circle downstairs near the entrance and took the long trek back...







Some interesting and weird sculptures but I have no idea what they're about as I didn't bother actually looking and got off after having a quick wonder and taking these photos.






Natural History Museum





My trek took my through Hyde Park




It started to rain as well but I'd walked most of it anyway so there was no point getting the tube at that point. I eventually made it back to Kelly's after over 25,000 steps. It was a long day a lot of walking and food consumed but that was just the start of it as we went for Italian for dinner.. which will be the next post!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment