Monday 14 February 2022

Zaza


After trekking over 25,000 steps around London on my own earlier on in the day I made it back to Kelly and Josh's and we drove into Amersham old town to have dinner at Zaza an Italian. We did go to a cosy little English town pub - what you see in films and expect an English pub to be like with a burning log fire.

These place was nice had a big olive tree in the middle which seems to be a common thing that restaurants like having trees which I guess does look nice and fits the theme.



Garlic Flatbread with Tomato & Pesto - Made with pomodoro sauce & pesto infused rocket leaves

We got this to share and I clearly just seen it said pesto and didn't realise it had rocket as I'm not a fan but it wasn't too bad as it was covered in pesto.



Conchiglia con Pollo - Giant pasta shells filled with chicken, pesto, & toasted pine nuts, with a parmesan cream & white wine sauce

Me and Josh both got the same and this was a lot smaller than I was expecting but it was nice but again too much rocket!


Lamb Ragu Pappardelle - Giant pasta ribbons with slow roasted lamb ragu, finished with fresh parmesan & crispy rosemary

What Kelly got which looks massive and tasted good - love a good thick pasta


Crème Brûlée - Vanilla crème brûlée with crunchy caramel topping, topped with pistachio ice cream

On the menu it's salted caramel ice cream but I changed it to pistachio. It was a really good crème brûlée but I was so full I actually felt sick, like the food felt like it was right in my throat and I couldn't even eat the tiny last mouthful as I thought I was going to burst! It really didn't need the ice cream I think without it I might have finished it but I had so much food. I'm not cut out to have a course meal! And I thought the main was small... If I got a different pasta dish I think I would have actually burst! Even after doing 26,000 steps overall that day this was too much food for me!


Affogato con Liquore - A scoop of vanilla gelato sprinkled with amaretti biscotti, served with a shot of hot espresso and an amaretto liqueur

Kelly and Josh got this and the vanilla gelato was really nice but yeah our eyes were bigger than our belly and it was late by the time we had dinner. Table was booked for 7:30pm. Took much food for me defo a fat 2 days in London! When we got back we watched the Brit Awards back as we were at the match the night before.

Thursday - my dad was coming to pick me up around 12:30pm so the morning I just chilled watched a bit of the Olympics on TV then went for a wander around Amersham town to have a look at the charity shops. Didn't find anything good. I got some lunch from Koyo sushi which Kelly took me for my birthday meal last year and it was one of the best sushi I've had so got a box to take away. I got the sushi rainbow which was mainly salmon my favourite!


Salmon nigiri, salmon maki and avocado maki - £6.85

My dad drove back and he got me before 1pm. Sat nav said we would be back around 4pm but didn't end up getting home till about 6:30pm as there was a crash 2 lanes shut on the M42. It was a painful journey as my bum and legs were so numb. I can't sit for hours on end without stretching my legs so defintiely would have preferred to have been on the train and I don't like public transport but if it's quicker and I can actually move and stretch my legs than I will consider that option any day!

Had a good few days down in London and thanks to Kelly and Josh again for having me so last minute and unexpected! Maybe another trip down to London later on the year but definitely be getting the train and not in the car again.


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment