Saturday 20 September 2014

Almost Famous

Sadly I'm not even close to being famous at all (yet) I just happened to have went to Almost Famous the burger place last night with Kelly & Hannah. Everyone's been going on about it since it opened last year but it's really not my thing I don't like burgers or chips & it's over priced for what it is so never really wanted to go. It didn't help the fact my throat is killing & my wisdom teeth are hurting again I just wanted to eat clean, healthy food! But it was the last time we were going to see Kelly for a while since she's going back to Leeds for her last year of uni. Whilst Danielle is currently living the dream in Dubai as she has an internship & seeing her dad who lives there.



Not Burgers - Rib Roll, Slow cooked bbq pork, slaw, redneck sauce & famous sauce £7

I wasn't expecting mine to come out as a burger as it's not under burgers but turns out it is. I got my sauces on the side as I wasn't sure if I would like it. I think the mustardy coloured one is the famous sauce & the bbq one is reneck sauce but I can't remember which way round it is. But I'm glad I got them on the side cos I didn't like the mustardy one.


Hannah & Kelly both got the same one. Triple Nom - Double cheeseburger, bbq pulled pork, coleslaw & redneck sauce £8



They also got the Bacon bacon fries £4. As everyone who's been says you need to try them.


My burger was nice but definitely not won over & probably wouldn't go again. I didn't think it was anything special compared to the other bbq pulled burgers I've had before. I didn't try a chip as I don't eat or like chips but I tried the cheese & bacon, it tastes like bacon crisps & really cheesy. They had normal & sweet potato mixed in. If you like burgers then it probably is the place for you to go but £7/8 for just a burger no sides is pretty over priced you'd expect to get a couple of chips or something with it for that price & not having to pay an extra £4 to have chips. At least I can say I've been there now though.

I ate my burger with a knife & fork as I didn't want to make a mess while Kelly & Hannah both opted to use their hands. Hannah did pretty well she cut it in half & went for it but did end up with it all around her mouth. It was ok there was a kitchen roll on hand on the table. I like how the drinks are served in jars, I really wanted to take mine home but I resisted. 

After we went to Wetherspoons for drinks even though some of the cocktails sounded nice. Kelly wanted me to get the Hong Kong one cos you get a fortune cookie with it. Gotta love the casual racism. It was a nice catchup as it'll be a while when we all get together again & Danielle's gone for 6 weeks when they only got back 2 days ago from volunteering in Morocco!

Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment