Friday 30 September 2016

Apple Scones


Tried something different tonight. Apple scones as my nan gave us some cooking apples from her garden. 


Ingredients

225g Self raising flour
50g Butter (at room temperature)
4 Tbsp Sugar
¼ Tsp cinnamon
1 medium apple - cored & diced
125ml Milk

Preheat your oven to 200°C

In a large bowl mix your flour & butter together using a fork & hands until they're like breadcrumbs.



Add the cinnamon. 


Add sugar.


Apples peeled & diced can be added.



Mix the mixture all together. (I added sultanas again) Once it's all mixed flour your work top & roll your dough out.


Cut your dough using a cutter. Make them around 3cm thick. 

Flour your tray & place your scones on it. 

Brush the tops with a bit of milk. I actually forgot to do that until I put them in the oven & had to take them out to brush over. 

Bake for 20 minutes until the tops are golden. 


They look really pale as I forgo to add the milk wash on the top which I'm disappointed with. They're nice I will definitely make them again (better).


Let me know if you bake any of my recipes. Happy baking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment