Sunday 24 October 2021

The Refinery


Went to The Refinery for dinner last night as Kelly and Josh were home for the weekend with Danielle, Matt and Hannah. I went to The Refinery years ago with Holly when we got the pre-theatre deal which they still do now.

They were fully booked till 7pm which actually worked well for me as I ended doing some extra work filming and finished in time to meet up with them. It was pretty busy when we got there. We ordered our drinks - Josh had a nightmare as he wanted draft and they said it would be a 20 minute so went for a bottle and said they didn't have any so third time lucky he eventually went for a whiskey sour. He could have waited the 20 minutes for the draft as they completely forgot about our drinks and our food came before it. We had to ask where our drinks were. Food service is good in there which was the same as when I went last time.

I went for the Lemon & Ginger Pan-fried Seabass, Crushed New Potatoes, Spring Onion, Choy Sum, Soy and Sesame Dressing - £15.95

Didn't expect to get a whole fish with 2 pieces as you usually only get the 1. It was nice but was quite salty like when I went to Bloom a few weeks ago - the salt wasn't mixed in evenly. I did prefer this to what I had in Bloom. 

Danielle and Matt got Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower, Burnt Onion Purée, Crispy Kale, Salsa Verde Dressing (ve) - £4.95

I tried it and it was just soggy over done cauliflower on a plate with some crispy kale with no purée. It was like when we went to Yum Cha and got the broccoli in garlic and chilli. Fully gloried on the menu and a rip off.

The Refinery is nice for dinner with good portion sizes. Just need to work on the drinks service for those sat having dinner. After we went across the road to the Philharmonic Pub for a drink. I've never been before and there is a lot of hype over the men's toilets as they're grade 1 listed. Me and Kelly went and had a look at them after getting Josh to check it was clear and safe to do so. I didn't really know what I was meant to be appreciating but they did look fancier than the ladies... The pub is nice and cosy especially in the winter and has different rooms you can sit in to have a good catch up.






I guess it's one of them things if you go to the pub you have to visit the men's toilets. You can ask a member of staff to check the toilets are safe to go in if you don't have any guys with you to do that for you. 

It was nice to have dinner in town which is not what I do often as I couldn't tell you the last time I had dinner in time I tend to stay local and go out for brunch/lunch. The Quarter was the first choice but they were fully booked so that will be an option again for next time.


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment