Monday 8 August 2022

Hibiki Sushi & Ramen


Before going to see The Book of Mormon we went for dinner at this new Japanese restaurant called Hibiki Sushi and Ramen. We were planning on going to Renshaw Street Food Market but just wasn't feeling it.




It has Sushi, Chinese - Dim Sum, Italian, Mexican, Thai, Turkish, Bar, Bubble Tea and Dessert. The food just wasn't looking appealing and was over priced for the portion sizes. So we had to plan b and look for somewhere else that was close by. We did a Google search and Hibiki sushi came up which was only down the road so went to have a look. The menu looked alright and looked nice so we thought we would give it a try. It opened July last year but had no idea about it. We sat at the bar as they were fully booked.



The sushi chef was in the middle of the bar so you could see him making the food and then you could see into the kitchen where they were making the rest of the food.


Holly got Avocado Maki - £2.80


Chicken Gyoza (6pc) - Hand made chicken dumplings, steamed and pan fried. Served with dipping sauce - £5.80


I got:

Sushi Box - (Top left going down and then across) Salmon Maki, Sweet Shrimp Nigiri, Salmon Nigiri, King Prawn Tempura, Karage Chicken (Japanese style fried chicken, ultra crispy on the outside but insanely juicy on the inside) Takoyaki (Traditional Japanese street food, deep fried rice ball with octopus inside), Edamame Beans, Goma Wakame (Healthy seaweed salad with sesame oil flavour) and Salmon Sashimi - £23


Holly got:

Chashu Pork Ramen - £10.30


Pot of Japanese Tea - £2.50



I didn't know what to get so ended up getting the chef box as it had a bit of everything. On the menu it says you get dessert which I would have happily swapped my edamame beans for as I'm not really a fan. I did ask what you would get and they said it changes every day and today happened to be salmon which is my favourite so it worked well for me. The sushi was good and I liked the karage chicken - the chicken was nice and juicy inside. Wasn't keen on the gyozas though as they looked deep fried. I like them just steamed or steamed and quickly panned fried just to get them brown. We could have done without the gyozas really because I was so full from my box. Holly enjoyed her ramen and said it was flavourful. We were glad that we found this place instead of going to the food market as it was reasonably priced and the food was good. I would go back and recommend!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment