Saturday 13 August 2022

The Old School House


Kelly and Josh are home for the weekend as Kelly was going to see The Book of Mormon this afternoon with her mum. She's in for a treat as I went last week with Holly. The last show tonight in Liverpool before it carries on its UK tour.

We went to The Old School House for brunch on Lark Lane. It used to be called Esteban a tapas restaurant which we went to for my 22nd birthday. I got there just after 11:15am but they were already there from 11am. When we left after 12pm there was a really long queue waiting to come in as they were doing walk ins only.


Matcha Latte - £3.20


Smoked Salmon & cream cheese bagel with red onion and capers - £8.50

I got a matcha latte and smoked salmon bagel. It was nice wasn't too keen on the picked red onion and capers though. Could have done without.


Danielle got:
Branston's Beans on Sourdough Toast with added Mushrooms £6.40 + £2


Josh got:
Full English - Fried egg, hash brown, baked beans, bacon, black pudding, tomatoes and sourdough toast - £10.50


Kelly got:
Poached eggs on grilled sourdough with added mushrooms - £6.40 + £2

We sat outside and there was a nice breeze so wasn't too hot. We were sat opposite the gelato shop and was waiting for it to open. It opened as we finished at 12pm so we popped over to get some gelato which was very much needed for this crazy heat wave we're currently having but not as bad as the one we had last month.



Pistachio - £3
(This was classed as a premium flavour so was an extra 50p)

It was really good and the and the cone was nice and crispy. Thanks for the gelato Kelly!
After me and Danielle did a lap around the lake in Sefton Park. The park was quieter than I thought it was going to be but it might have been too hot for people to be out. Poor Danielle got pooed on by a bird as we walked through a flock of birds but luckily it was only a drop nothing major but was funny. It wasn't too hot but when I got back home I walked to my grandma's and I was drenched when I got to hers. It's just over a 20 minute walk downhill but was so hot.  Writing this post now coming to 9pm I'm sat with a table fan blowing directly at me it's that hot. We are not used to this heat in the UK our houses are not made for this! can't win with the weather - moan when it's too cold, moan when it's raining, moan when it's too hot but this is extreme.


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment