Sunday 1 January 2017

Christmas in Spain

¡Feliz Navidad!



Christmas Eve


We went to La CaƱada shopping centre & got dragged by a woman to get my hair curled by her. She convinced me it was free so I agreed as I wanted to have my hair done for Christmas Day anyway. It was free & she tried to get me to buy the curling wand, not any particular brand just that it it was ceramic so it doesn't damage your hair but it was 200€! My mum, dad & brother just left me so I didn't have any money. Thought she was going to tie me down to the chair or something but it was fine I just went & never went back. When I eventually found them we went to M.Wok buffet.




Did eat more than this & ended up in a food coma as per usual. I really don't think buffets are a good idea as you just force feed yourself to try to eat as much as you can to get your monies worth!




Dress - Zara

2 weeks before we arrived there was a horrible storm & Malaga was actually flooded. Buses were swimming & there was some damage at the apartment even though it's high up in the mountains. I'd been checking the weather everyday before we went to know what to pack as we were only taking hand luggage, it was saying 16°C but wasn't sure whether it was gonna be bare legs. It was actually really sunny & warm in the sun but cold when you weren't. I definitely should've took sunglasses & not an umbrella as it didn't rain at all. It was freezing cold in the night though even though it was saying like 14°C. It felt like 4°C.

Christmas Day


Christmas Day didn't even feel like Christmas. We didn't have any decorations & Spain doesn't celebrate it like we do here. People were playing golf on the golf course. Me, my mum & dad decided to drive into San Pedro just to see how they celebrate it. Pretty much all the bars & restaurants were open, busy with people. They have shops run by Chinese families a bit like home bargains minus the food open, street cleaners working. It was busier than it usually is in the day time. Supermarkets were closed though. 

We went down to the beach & it was also quite busy with people out on walks. It was really windy & quite chilly. On the screen that was giving out information was saying the sea water was 16°C. We seen 2 guys parachute surfing. Way too cold to be in the water!



















There was actually a lot of people walking along the beach, just didn't happen to capture them, clearly waited for them to all walk away...




Shirt - Zara
Skirt - New Look
Boots - Zara

Hair didn't really last from yesterday..

For Christmas lunch we had lamp chops. Not quite the roast I was after but we did have a roast a couple of days earlier. Yep that's a cucumber 7 purple potato ... My mum just used up whatever veg we had in the fridge.









Christmas night sunset

Boxing Day - Estepona






















The weather is really deceiving, it looks like it's summer. Even though I was walking around bare legged I was wearing a jacket & had my blanket scarf. I would've been fine with jeans on. It is warm in the sun but as soon as you're in the shade it's freezing. I did manage to get a bit of a tan & regret not taking sunglasses as the sun was blinding. Wasn't expecting to be able to walk around bare legged not even in the sun. 

The food in the supermarkets are just so much better than England. So much fresh seafood, fruit & veg.







I really missed seeing the rest of the family even though I did Skype my cousin on Christmas day it just wasn't the same. I really wanted a turkey roast but my mum doesn't like turkey. 

It was experience to see how Christmas is celebrated differently all over the world. Also one noticeable difference for Boxing Day is they don't have sales like we do. Not even Zara or Mango even though they do online. I think I'd rather be away for New Years Eve rather than Christmas, it wasn't ever on my bucket list. Maybe I'll spend Christmss in Australia on the beach one year... The thought of having a hot Christmas rather than the fairy tale white Christmas is hard to take in. 

It was nice to be away but I'm glad to be home in my own bed but it was so cold on the night we come back I couldn't even sleep! Glad to be back in the gym. I did manage to do 4 runs out of the 9 days but that wasn't enough as I ate so much bread, I feel like a loaf! I don't even eat bread at home! Hope you all had a good Christmas!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm


Some of the photos were taken with my Nikon 1 J2 camera while others were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment