Sunday 13 October 2013

Apples

My dad got a pack shortcrust pastry block from Sainsbury's which was reduced to only 60p! We also had a bag of cooking apples dad brought back home from work, from a colleague's garden which we had to use up so decided to make an apple pie. 

Shortcrust Pastry Apple Pie

I cut the pastry in half then rolled it out to size & thickness I wanted. Line the plate I was baking it into then chopped the apples & filled it.


My dad sprinkled some brown sugar over the apple to make it a bit sweeter





Then put the other half of the pastry over & pressed the edges down with a fork & put some holes on the top to let steam out. Dad trimmed the edges off & did a milk wash over the top.
We baked it until it went golden which took about 30mins at 200°C.


Ta da apple pie! As we didn't add any sugar to it, it doesn't really have much taste but we like eating it with custard anyway so don't want it to be too sweet!

Apple, Pineapple Pie

We chopped up a pineapple & put it with apple to use up the left over pastry. It didn't have a base we just put the fruit onto a try then covered it with pastry & did a milk wash.



We baked it until it was golden about 30mins at 200°C
The pastry shrunk a bit & has come off the edge of the dish!

Whilst getting the pie's out the oven I burnt my wrist on the oven! My wrist only touched the inside for a second & it's left a horrible scar! It's gone white :( I'm not even exaggerating as I am so squeamish but it's horrible! I ran it under cold water straight away & put aloe vera on it but it hasn't helped it hurts :( I'd take a picture but it's not very nice!

Apple Tourte with Nuts & Raisins

My dad has made this a couple of times as he really likes it but I'm not really a fan. He got the recipe online here if you want to try it. It's nice but I'd only make it once & wouldn't think of making it again.


I'm in uni tomorrow 9-10 seminar, 1-2 dissertation lecture, 4-5 lecture. Worst day ever. Uni should start at 10 & finish at 4. Like 9 & 5 is just the worst time for traffic we don't need to add to it by going to uni! Urghh, a start of a long week uni & working whilst having to actually start to do some uni work!

Julie
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment