Saturday 21 March 2015

Is fish vegan?

Yes Hannah asked that today when we went to a little vegan & vegetarian restaurant/cafe in Woolton Village.





  
Kelly copied what Danielle was ordering.
Vanilla milkshake - £2.75 & Falafel, hummus & chutney (ve) - £3.95


I got an orange juice - £1.50 & a toast BLT - £3.95


Hannah got the ‘Tuna’ mayonnaise (ve) - £3.95 sandwich

We've never actually had lunch in Woolton Village before considering it's only a 10 minute walk there for me & local for all of us. It's nice to support local independent restaurants rather than going out to town. It was busy when we went at 1 & the guy even said if you came earlier you would have been served quicker cos it was dead, surprisingly busy now. Even though Hannah suggested we should go to Subway or Costa... 

Mine tasted just like normal BLT but the bacon wasn't real bacon I don't actually have a clue what it was made from but it did look like bacon, had pretty much the same texture but tasted more like bacon crisp. Hannah was expecting to be getting actual tinned tuna as she didn't realise that vegans & vegetarians don't fish cos it's clearly a plant... She wasn't too amused when it came & she was smelling, examining it before she ate it. It was weird because it was gritty & tasted a little fishy. We didn't know what it was made from either but whatever it was they've done a good job making these alternatives to be like what it's meant to be. Like you could probably get away with saying the bacon is actually meat maybe not quite with the tuna.

It was a nice catchup as we're all going away over Easter at different times so not sure when we'll see each other. I've booked a last minute holiday to Crete with my cousin Sindy. We only booked it Sunday morning 9-16th April I can't wait I'm so excited to go! We're full board & the hotel looks so nice with a gym, PT's, yoga & pilate's which of course I'll be making the most of! I'm killing myself now in the gym to try & get my beach body abs! Less than 3 weeks it's not happening ! :(

Yesterday was the first day of Spring & today did look like Spring didn't really feel it even though I wore my leather jacket for the first time. It was chilly but warm in the sun. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather & to be tanned!

Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment