Sunday 15 March 2015

BBC Sunday Politics North West

If you follow me on Twitter or Tumblr you will have seen me mention that I was on BBC 1 this morning on Sunday Politics North West! I was on as a first time voter & talking about how young people aren't interested in politics. How more should be done to educate young people.

You can watch it HERE
The North West show starts 37 minutes in & I come in at 51 minutes!

I got a phone call on Thursday evening sking if I was free on Friday to go to Media City in Salford to be interviewed for the Sunday Politics show. Luckily I had the week off work booked & was free to go! I went down to Media City with Tom who is the coordinator for the younger group of UpRisers. 









I spelt my name out W I N G to the girl on reception & she still spelt it wrong!! 

We got to Media City around 3pm & went into I think it was Quay House where BBC Sport, BBC 5 Live, BBC North West is based. I was pretty excited to be in the BBC & definitely know that is exactly where I want to work! As you know I want to be a TV presenter so being in the BBC is a big deal the ultimate dream!






We got taken up to the 2nd floor & was prepped about what was going to happen. There was going to be 2 MPs Esther McVey Conservative for Wirral West, the Minister of State Employment & Lisa Nandy Labour for Wigan. I didn't know they were going to be on the show too I thought it was going to be just me & Tom. I thought we were going to be on longer than we were especially on the train there me & Tom planned what we were going to say.

We went into the studio at around 4:15pm & had a bit of a nightmare trying to get the mic on me as I didn't really think when I planned my outfit!

I don't think the presenter Afif Ansari was being fair to me as when I said I wasn't sure who I was going to vote for he "well you've got some research to do then haven't you." Then at the end he asked me who'd I'd vote for between Esther & Lisa in which I just swerved his question & didn't answer it. It's one of them things you don't ask people who they're voting for, when we left the studio the other producers, people working, the 2 MPs & Tom said he shouldn't have put me on the spot like that but I did good & didn't panic. Apparently I'd make a good MP swerving his question! I was surprisingly not nervous at all considering if never been on TV before. But I think if there was a live audience I probably would have been. You don't notice the cameras being there as you just look at the presenter like you would in a normal interview. 

I wish we did get longer to talk but that's how TV works you don't always get the time to say what you want to say but it was a really good experience!












I didn't actually realise that Blue Peter was here in Salford & that the Blue Peter Garden got moved as well. Anyone who knows me that there's nothing I want more in life than to become a Blue Peter presenter!! I want to be the first Chinese presenter to ultimate dream. It would be the best job ever!!


Shirt - New Look
Necklace - New Look
Skirt - Gap
Cutout Boots - Zara
Coat - H&M 
Scarf - New Look
Bag - Zara

I didn't get to watch it when it was on TV this morning at 11am as I was back in work after 9 days holiday! But I made sure I recorded it & downloaded it on iPlayer.










You can watch it HERE on the BBC iPlayer. Watch from 37 for the start of the North West show but if you want to see me I don't come in till 51 minutes in!

Let me know what you think by commenting, Twitter @Juki_W or any of the links below or email!

I would like to say a big thank you to UpRising for letting me be on the Sunday Politics show! You don't realise how happy I am that I made it onto BBC 1, that thousands of people have seen & heard me voice! I've now been on BBC Radio (Merseyside) & TV it's been regional but hey baby steps next I'll make it onto national watch this space! I've also been on live Channel 4 but I didn't get to speak I was just in the audience & you couldn't really see me but still I was on TV, it still counts!

Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment