Thursday 28 May 2015

Brandon Flowers O2 Academy Leeds

The Desired Effect Tour

Yesterday I went to Leeds to see Brandon Flowers on his Desired Effect tour! Sadly he wasn't coming to Liverpool this time as the tour was quite last minute so probably couldn't book the Liverpool O2 Academy. I wanted to go to Manchester on Sunday but couldn't get tickets but Desiree managed to get me a ticket for Leeds & I went with her & her cousin Natalie. We had a little road trip there as she drove up to Leeds. We got to Leeds at 2:15pm she dropped me off then went to her uni house to sort some stuff out.

Again I missed him by half an hour!!! People got photos with him when he arrived at 1:45pm!! So annoying there's nothing I want more than a photo with him! Why does this keep happening to me?!

I happened to be 1 of the first 50 people queuing (number 47) so I got priority to go in early! Desiree & Natalie didn't come till an hour later but they had the O2 priority app which meant they got to come in after the first 50. Luckily the weather was nice to wait & it was actually warm as I'd risked wearing shorts knowing I'd be too hot inside if I wore pants or tights. The first couple of hours didn't actually feel that long but the last 2 felt forever!

We finally got let in at 7pm & I got second row practically on the barrier right in the middle! The girl in front of me was number 1 in the queue & I think she got there around 6:45am which shows maybe you don't have to queue that early to get barrier.

The support act Joywave came on around 8. They were actually good I liked them but the lead singer & bassist were a bit weird. They were really animated, I think I might listen to them.

Brandon came on around 9:10pm & finished at 10:30pm. This was the first time I'd been to a gig out of Liverpool so it was different as Liverpool has a really big musical history where as I don't think Leeds has anything. This was only a small tour he'd played 2 nights at Brixton, Manchester, Edinburgh then Leeds & Birmingham after. The 4 gigs before he brought someone out to sing with him but he had no special guests with him last night. The atmosphere was a lot different compared to when he's played in Liverpool (I seen him when he was on the Flamingo tour oO Academy Liverpool, The Killers Battle Born Echo Arena & when The Killers played O2 Academy Liverpool in August for their V festival warm up tour). This might be because Leeds took a while to sell out compared to the other venues. I still think he was on top form though & loved every minute of it!



































Taken using my LG Nexus 4 phone.



Joywave


Joywave


Joywave


Joywave


Joywave






























Taken with Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX07

After the gig we waited around an hour & a half for Brandon to come out. He came out at 12. I was actually crying that I didn't manage to get a photo but Desiree did. All I managed to get was a signed ticket!!! It was so annoying because people who had managed to get a photo with him were still standing in the way by the barrier. Instead of getting the photo then moving for others who hadn't, they were just getting in the way! I was so annoyed & sad that I would probably swap my signed ticket for a photo with Brandon!! I wish I could go to Birmingham tomorrow just to try & get a photo with him but I'm in work & don't have a car to drive down there sadly!









I'm obviously going to treasure this ticket but I wish I had a photo with him to go with it! 

You can see the set list from last night here.
He didn't play many songs from The Desired Effect but I guess that maybe due to the fact the album only came out last week so not everyone will have known all the songs yet. But also due to the fact The Killers have had so many hits & Flamingo it's hard to choose a set list! I wasn't really a fan of the Jacques Lu Cont Remix of Mr Brightside, I would have preferred an acoustic version but I'm not gonna complain since it's my favourite song & he sung it last night! Yesterday was definitely a long day but so worth it but I think I've done more damage than good to my ankle which I hurt nearly 2 weeks ago at the gym. Standing up for nearly 12 hours is never a good idea but that's the sacrifices you have to do! I hope everyone there had a good night & loved it as much as I did!

Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment