Sunday 14 June 2015

Tavern Night

It was Hannah's 22nd birthday on Friday. We went to The Tavern Co on Smithdown Round. Me & Kelly arrived first at 7pm & was informed it would be a 15-20 minute wait, just as we went to sit down for the wait we were asked if it was ok if we got a 6 seater table. We asked for a table for 3 so really didn't need such a big table when there were other people waiting who had bigger parties. Their seating system just doesn't work giving large tables to small parties making people having to unnecessarily wait.

We ordered the spicy chicken nachos as a the starter to share between the 3 of us. I got tacos thinking the last time I went I got fajitas turns out it was nachos so was a little disappointed as I wanted to try something different. (I was debating on getting a burrito.) Kelly got the beef chilli burrito and Hannah got the spicy chicken enchilada. When it came she was like I don't remember it looking like this, it came on a sizzling platter last time. She'd mistaken it for the fajitas & that was what she wanted. I don't get how she could mistake the enchilada for fajitas I mean I know I did with tacos but they are similar since you made it yourself with a flour tortilla... She blamed this on her old age hahaha





Can't say I'm a fan of American Mexican, definitely prefer the authentic classic!

Hannah was struggling to eat hers but was determined to finish it all even though the portion was massive!





Me & Kelly were finding it painful watching her trying to finish it. But she did eventually give in.

We then went to the Richardmon Tavern (see the Tavern theme?) pub which is just around the corner. It's been done up really nice & modern inside. Danielle met us there as she finished work at half 8. We actually all made it for Hannah's birthday this year as last year for her 21st we were international.. I was in Florida & it was my cousin's wedding day & (That has gone so fast, can't believe it's been a year & they have a baby now! Wish I was in Florida now!) Kelly was in Paris it was only Danielle who celebrated Hannah's birthday with her.

It was "Fizz Friday" so they got a bottle of prosecco for £8. They ran out of champagne glasses & wine glass so were given half pint glasses.







Hope you enjoyed your birthday Hannah!

Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment