Sunday 24 July 2016

LIMF 2016

Liverpool International Music Festival 2016

Sefton Park - The Wombats


This weekend was Europe's biggest free music event LIMF - Liverpool International Music Festival. It's on a lot earlier than it usually is as the past couple of years it's been August bank holiday around my birthday. I didn't even realise it was on till this weekend! I don't think it was advertised that well, even though there was hundreds of people there this weekend I think there could've been a lot more. I think more people would have went if it was on the usual August bank holiday weekend.

I went today after work to see The Wombats who happen to be from Liverpool! I've been wanting to see them for years but never got the chance so of course I had to go see them in my home town for free! I wasn't going to miss this opportunity. I nearly ended up going to see them on my own but went with my mum. I could tell she wasn't enjoying it especially with people smoking around us but she said she wanted to come with me to experience it.

They were so good & could tell they were loving it as well being back home when they haven't performed here for a while. They were on 7:15-8pm played a 45 minute set with all the hits that everyone knows, Kill the Director (apparently this about my favourite film The Holiday. it's no Bridget Jones?), Tokyo, Greek Tragedy, Let's Dance to Joy Division etc & even a song from their new album called Emoticons. They really need to come back with some new music. They are so underrated!











Amazing atmosphere as always. The line up just gets better & better every year. They had Sigma last night.  Ms Dynamite, Wretch 32, WSTRN & loads of other big acts on yesterday as well as loads of great up & coming acts. I wanted to go for the day yesterday but had no-one to go with the weather was so nice as well! Today they had Lianne La Havas (on before The Wombats who I wanted to see), Anne-Marie, Kwabs etc. Looking forward to see who they have next year!




Real Leather Jacket - Zara
Necklace - New Look
Dress - Topshop
Leather Boots - Zara





Photos taken with my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment