Saturday 16 July 2016

Miyagi


Tonight we went to Miyagi's on Allerton Road for Danielle's pre-birthday meal. (Her birthday's tomorrow). A Japanese soul food restaurant.


Group selfie didn't really work


Good selfie Danielle!



No idea what was so funny..


Don't know how to get photos when I'm not on the left! 




I got the veggie bento box - Veg yakatori, mixed veg tempura, edamame beans, green tea soba noodle salad, inari-zushi, wasabi & nori rice, homemade pickles £11.95


Danielle got the chicken katsu curry with Mr M's special fried rice £10.50




Kelly got Laksa - Robabta grilled satay chicken, yellow noodles, grilled egg, coconut milk, candied peanuts, roasted pineapple £10.95



Hannah got chicken for the soul ramen £8.95

Mine was a lot bigger than what I was expecting, well the box was big the food wasn't. The rice didn't taste like it was cooked it was really hard but I did eat it all. I wouldn't get the veggie bento box again but it's something I really want to try if I ever get to visit Japan. It's good for people who don't know what they want as you get a bit of everything. 

Service was slow even though there was enough staff running around to serve. We waited 45-50 minutes before our food came. When our bill came they added an extra 2 drinks we didn't order onto it. Make sure you always check you bill before you pay!

I'd been wanting to try Miyagi's since they opened their first restaurant on Bold Street in town. Unfortunately I'm disappointed. The food wasn't that bad but it could've been better same with the service.

There seems to be a reoccurring pattern of going to Tesco to pick up bargains as it was down the road. Hannah got a load of reduced fruit & bread, I got 2 boxes of raspberries & poppy seed New York bagels, Kelly got some pan au chocolate & pancakes. Danielle got a box of iced ring doughnuts. People love a bargain people all huddled around the reduced bakery stuff. As Danielle described them as "a pack of vultures."
Deja vu of Hannah's birthday! Might just go to Tesco for my birthday cheaper & more fun!


Eventful evening as always & I even found some Pokemon around Tesco. Yes I've got Pokemon Go who hasn't?? But not having much luck though need to go out more! Was teaching Danielle about it & hopefully convinced her to get it since everyone else has it.


Dress - Zara
Cut Out Boots - Zara

Zara mannequin again head to toe & jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment