Monday 4 September 2017

Go Karting





Last night I had belated birthday fun with Kelly & Callum from work. We went indoor go karting which these 2 paid for as my present. Poor Kelly has been dreading it since I booked it & Callum was so hungover definitely shouldn't have been behind a wheel. I was really excited for it, I was in my element loving it!

We paid £35 for unlimited which meant we got to go on track 5x. Our slot was at 5:30pm but you had to be there 40 minutes before your slot to get dressed in your jumpsuit & safety briefing. Didn't get any of this when I went outdoor go karting in China last year. Just gave you a balaclava & helmet then you were straight in a kart!

We were there till 10pm - there so much longer than we were planning. It was cos there was quite a few groups they had to rotate on. It did get a bit monotonous going around the track but I was having a boss time, can't say Kelly & Callum were the same cos they were so ready to go home after the 2nd time we went on! 

We're all battered & bruised today though, I feel like I've done a full workout at the gym. (I did go in the morning to do a spin & ab class but it defo wasn't from that). I was leaning into the corners when I was turning & bashed into Kelly by accident as I wasn't paying attention. But some people did think it was like bumper cars & getting right up to you. I mean it was super tempting to just go into the back of someone & cut them up.

Highlight of the night Kelly getting a bruised chin when we had to pull into the pits after the first round. She bashed into the guy in front of her cos she accelerated instead of braking but I missed it! I was pulling in just as it happened! She also nearly broke a marshall's leg cos he went to help her then after was badly limping. Surprised she was allowed back into kart after that. 

I'd 100% recommend & go again not any time soon though as I'm still aching from it & finding random bruises on my back & legs. There should also be a warning for afterwards when you're driving a real car. Cos I wasn't fit to be driving home after it, I felt like I was still in a kart & wanted to like cut corners!

Thanks Kelly & Callum I had the best time - I know you two probably didn't enjoy it as much as I did but we had a laugh it was fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment