Sunday 18 November 2018

Marathon Update


So my last run was on Saturday 29th September which was 7 weeks ago. I've been out injured since then and haven't ran at all. Which is really stressing me out as it's only 6 months until I do the Liverpool Rock n Roll Marathon. As my leg wasn't getting any better I finally gave in and went to see a physio on Friday. Jo and Rich see her so I knew she was going to be good.

Good news is it's nothing serious. The pain is just over use injury. A lot of running and training with a lack of rest in between. She found where the pain was and just massaged the hell out of my leg. My leg is currently very bruised and sore still but she told me I should be fine in about 4 days and should be able to run. If not I need to go back to see her. So I'm hoping I can get back running next weekend. She said it's something really minor and if I went as soon as I got the pain she would've been able to fix me up and I wouldn't be out for this long. I just thought if I left it, it would be fine but clearly not.

I'm so glad it's nothing serious though especially when I went and finally bought a pair of stability running trainers the day before I went to see her. I went to the Real Buzz a couple of months ago and found out I needed stability trainers. I tried these New Balance trainers on but they were £120 which I thought was really expensive and didn't want to pay that much for them and because I was injured it was throwing salt into the wound of having trainers I wouldn't be able to wear so I didn't get them. 

I seen them on sportsshoes.com here for £70 so went into the Real Buzz just to try them on again to see if they were right for me before I bought them online. I asked if they priced match other stores as they were selling them full price still but said no. I tried them on and one of the other staff members rang the manager and managed to let me price match and sold them to me for £70 which I was so happy with as online I would've had to pay for delivery. I can't wait to finally be able to run again and get this marathon training up and running as I've definitely got all the gear now but have I got an idea we'll find out soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment