Monday 13 April 2020

Harry Potter


So we are still in lock down in self quarantine, isolation. I got told by work that I will be off for at least 3 weeks then we will see what happens so I took that as the perfect opportunity to start reading my Harry Potter books. It's been on my bucket list for years and I bought the complete collection set just before Christmas from Aldi for £27.99 which is a bargain. The first 3 books are priced £7.99 then the rest are priced £8.99. It comes in a nice little collection case but the books were so hard to put back in once they've been read and expanded!





I thought I was going to get through 3 books in the space of 3 weeks which was the plan but's today is day 20 days since I've been off so under 3 weeks and last night I managed to finish all 7 books!!

It took me 19 days to finish 7 books which is personally amazing for me as I don't read - I'm not a reader and such a slow reader. This is the most of have ever read in my whole life even more than 3 years of uni. Don't think I can read any more though it was pretty intense to read that many books in such a short space of time then watching each film after the books. I've pretty much spent the last couple of weeks just sat reading.

The first 2 books were definitely a lot easier to read out of them all as they are the smallest and the text is a lot bigger. It gets serious on the 3rd as the book is thicker (definitely the thickest book I've ever read) and the text is a lot smaller with a lot more words on the page! The struggle started with book 4. I felt like I couldn't read no more but just kept going since I started I needed to finish.








I was averaging about 3-4 days per book but actually finished the last book all 620 pages in 2 days. This accounts for the fact I have actually been doing other things like a daily walk or run, baking, blogging, watching the films and other things but I would admit I spent at least 70% of my day reading. 

 Everyone who has read the books has always told me they are different which is so true as there is so much more in the books that you don't see in the films. A lot of good stuff has also been missed out in them as obviously they can't put everything in otherwise each film would be at least 6 hours long. I did really enjoy reading the books and would recommend them if you love the films but I wouldn't recommend trying to read them all in such a short space of time as it is a bit intense.

I fee like now I know all the secrets as the books explain things so much more and I've been to The Making of Harry Potter I now know everything. It's been an enjoyable 19 days but now I am glad I've finished them as I can do other things without feeling like I need to read...


So I'd so far this whole lock down hasn't been so bad after all and has been pretty productive for me!


Twitter || Instagram || Facebook || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment