Wednesday 8 April 2020

Mini Carrot Cakes


I'll admit I'm not good at making actual cakes. I avoid making them at all costs and prefer making mini cakes or cookies which you might have noticed. I wanted to make carrot cake to go with the left over white chocolate buttercream I made for my matcha macarons.

So I found a recipe for mini ones which was actually really easy to make.


Ingredients:

250g Carrots
200g Sugar
150g Margarine
200g Plain Flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Large Eggs
120g Sultanas
60g Toasted Flaked Almonds
(You can use any other nut you like. Walnuts also work well)

You will also need:

Mixing bowl
Sieve
Wooden spoon
Measuring spoon
Scales
Small bowl
Fork
Cake cases
2 Cake trays

Oven 200°C

Baking time 20 minutes

Method:

Grate your carrots into a bowl, add the sugar, margarine and mix it all together with your wooden spoon


Then sift your flour, baking powder and cinnamon into your mixture and mix it all together.


In a separate bowl whisk your eggs with a fork and your vanilla extract.


Then add it to your mixture.



Then add your sultanas and nuts.



Once your mixture has been fully combined - It's quite a wet mixture you can divide them evenly into your cake cases.



The recipe was to make 12 and I ended up 19.

Bake them in the oven for 20 minutes until they have fully risen and golden. You can place a knife into the middle and check it comes out clean to check they are fully baked.




Place them onto a wire rack to cool down. Once they have cooled you can either spread or pipe your buttercream on top. I forgot to take a photo but I'll also admit presentation isn't my forte either but they tasted good and went down a treat with my family which is all that counts!



Twitter || Instagram || Facebook || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment