Sunday 12 September 2021

London China Town


Saturday afternoon in China Town is busy!  So many people around. We were on the look out for Hefaure - they do soufflĂ© pancakes Holly wanted to try. I wasn't a fan as it just tasted like Chinese sponge cake.


She got the Oreo - cookies and cream

I was on the look out for a bubble waffle with matcha ice cream. We found 2 bubble waffles places but they didn't do soft serve matcha ice cream. We asked them if they knew any places that did them and they said they didn't. We found places that did matcha soft serve ice cream in a cone or the taiyaki fish which I had in Toronto. I ended up getting a plain bubble waffle from bubblewrap waffle where they charged me £4.49 then I got a matcha ice cream from the shop across the road that ripped me off for the ice cream. We walked down the road under one of the arches and there was a bakery called "Bake" that sold bubble waffles with soft serve matcha ice cream which was cheaper than what I paid for it both separately! It was so annoying how we didn't just walk a bit further and when we asked in one of the shops that they didn't know. We weren't going to have any lunch but after our desserts were hungry and wanted to have some dim sum as seen everyone else and it smelt so good.

We went to Plum Valley we did sit outside then it started raining so we sat inside.


 I actually got Holly to try chicken feet which I never thought she would ever try.


Char siu churn fan - char siu meat wrapped in rice noodle
Dan tart - Chinese egg custard tarts


We char siu baos - char siu buns
Siu mai
Chicken feet
Har gaw - prawn wrapped in a rice noodle pastry

Holly actually liked it all and her favourite were the har gaw which I was actually surprised about as I didn't think she would like it and she chose the siu mai and char siu baos herself and I picked everything else unsure whether she would like them. She was surprised that chicken feet weren't crunchy. She ate it and didn't think it was that bad - she just wasn't really a fan as she said it was like chicken wing meat and she doesn't really like chicken on the bone but didn't think it was the worst thing so I would definitely recommend that everyone tries it. If you like black bean sauce and chicken wings then I think you will like it! If you want to find an authentic Chinese restaurant look out for chicken feet on the menu as you definitely won't get that in an English Chinese...

London China Town is so big. There's so many restaurants to choose from and just so many different supermarkets, dessert shops, bakeries, bubble tea just so much choice if you just want to try something new. This was the first time I proper walked through China Town and had food from there and it was good. Definitely a go to place to visit if you're in London!



 

Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment