Sunday 23 April 2023

Ninja Warrior

 

Went to Ninja Warrior UK in Speke today with Jo as her birthday activity. She turned 40 last week but was at the lakes so only just got to see her today. We booked a 2 hour session which was a bad idea. An hour would have been well enough! We'd been to the gym this morning - I did yoga and Jo trained chest then we were meant to do a workout together but my body currently hates me - I have a bad knee which isn't the knee that I injured during lockdown but the other knee. Jo said her knee hurts as well from all the walking at the lakes and she twisted her wrist the other week which hasn't recovered so we didn't want to do anything too hard to save ourselves for this but ended up doing nothing for 30 minutes then did 10 minutes of abs. We both went home, had something to eat then went for 1:30pm.

We did Total Ninja in 2018 with Sarah when she got it for my birthday and this wasn't as good as that. It's smaller but has a big inflatable bit that is aimed at kids. This felt smaller but don't think it was, think just because it has different obstacles but did find the ones at Total Ninja were better. We could have went on the inflatable bit but you had to buy the socks to go on it. It was really busy and full of kids. But we did book during peak hours which also cost an extra £2.



Most of it was really hard which we couldn't do never mind most kids. Most of it is based off the TV show and one of the staff was actually on the UK TV show and represented his own country think he said Germany. He showed us a video of him doing the whole course in 55 seconds! But he was like Tarzan and could leap from one end to the other. He didn't touch every piece and mainly just leaped from one end to the end but good going wouldn't even be able to do that in double the time.




I did manage to beat the wall this time even though I could barely run up. Struggled more on the small kid's wall.



One thing I could actually do was the monkey bars and the swinging monkey bars! You can watch the full video of me doing the monkey bars on my Instagram. Unfortunately Jo didn't get a video of me on the swinging monkey bars.


I also managed to do half of this. Couldn't get the swing to get onto the second set.


I struggled on this and couldn't complete it because I have blisters on my hands - got a blood blister that actually burst so that was killing. I got gloves from last time but forget to bring them. Probably would have been able to do more if I brought them as my hands wouldn't have been as sore.

We definitely should have only booked an hour, that would have been enough. We spent more time not doing anything than doing stuff. It was really hard and there was just kids all over the place. It wasn't too bad for the first 30 minutes then a giant party turned up. We were definitely the oldest people there minus the odd parents with kids then this couple who were mid 20s turned up towards the end of our session. My upper body is aching now and it is a good workout but I think it's definitely more aimed at kids. An hour is well enough and best booking in the off peak time when there's not kids getting in your way.


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment