Sunday 30 April 2023

Skaus


Went to Skaus on Allerton Road with Kelly for lunch today. Kelly's been a few times so had to give it a try to see if it's as good as she makes out. It was busy when we got there at around 12:30pm. Someone had just finished so we got their table. It was a lot smaller than I thought it was.




Kelly got a Dirty Chai Latte and I got a Matcha Latte - £3.60 each


We're both not a fan of these cups with no handles. Not practical when you have a really hot drink!


As always I did already have a look at the menu before going and still couldn't decide when I got there what to get but eventually settled on 

Two poached eggs on grilled soda bread added hot smoked salmon - £8 + £2.95

It looked crap and it wasn't anything special. I prefer just having smoked salmon rather than an actual piece of salmon. This is something I'd eat with rice for dinner not what I'd put with toast.


Kelly got

Omelette roast breakfast radish, goats cheese, wild garlic pesto & seeds - £11.95

This looked nice and wished I went for it! 
The menu is pricey as your usual avocado and toast is £13.50. Probably wouldn't go back again as the menu isn't for me and pricey for what it is. The thing I should have tried was their Scouse hence the name of the place. This is what they originally started out as - making scouse and have now branched out to have a bigger menu. Funny enough I've lived in Liverpool all my life but never actually had a proper bowl of Scouse - it's basically a beef stew. Not something I'd go for but would have been good for today as the weather was grim when we were out. It was like winter, cold, rain and just miserable when it was actually hot and sunny yesterday!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment