Sunday 2 July 2023

Yo! Sushi


Went to Yo! Sushi in Speke for lunch today as it was Rich's birthday last week but they went away to Devon. I've not been to Yo! Sushi since I was probably 16/17. We used to go every weekend when we were in town. It wasn't cheap then so I don't know how we afforded it because I didn't have a job or pocket money. We went that much that we were mates with the manager. I've avoided going since as it's kind of the fast food of sushi and tend to go to more authentic independent places.

Jo and Rich have been to this one a few times and said it was good and that's where he wanted to go so I was up for giving it a try again.



It wasn't as big as I thought it was going to be as the other restaurants are bigger. But it was nice in there, open and spacious. We could have sat in a booth but then wouldn't have all been able to get food off the belt so chose to sit on the counter.

We started getting food off the belt and then ordered some stuff off the menu. Rich got the Yakisoba Chicken Noodles. Me and Jo got Poke Bowls.


Jo left - Protein Squeaky bean hoisin "duck" - Base - Half & half (Sushi rice & spinach), topped with avocado, slaw, sweetcorn, edamame and kaiso. Sprinkled with pomegranate seeds, red chilli & sesame drizzled with your favourite sauce - Jo got Korean Sweet Chilli

I got Protein - Dynamite salmon - Base - Half & half - £11.95

The Poke bowl was nice but could have definitely done with more salmon and looked nicer on the photo in the menu! The salmon was in chunks rather than just mush.. on the menu it had Unami soy-sesame as a sauce but when the girl was taking the order on the machine that wasn't an option for sauce so I just went to any random one. Didn't need sauce anyway. It tasted fresh just as is.

The food was nice and from 3-3:30pm every day you get 25% off food off the belt. So it came to £67. I forgot to take a photo of the dishes we took off the belt, but we did get quite a few and they were the expensive ones too.
I would still choose to go to an independent sushi restaurant but it will now be an option of somewhere to eat if I do want sushi.




No comments:

Post a Comment