Sunday 8 September 2024

Barcelona


Went to Barcelona for my birthday. We flew on Friday evening at 6:35pm from Liverpool Airport landing at 8:38pm in Barcelona. We stayed at Hotel Motel One Barcelona which was only a 20 minute drive from the airport opposite Parc De La Ciutadella and the Arc de Triomf was round the corner.


We got to the hotel at 10:30pm. Hotel was nice but room was small.
The night might have only just started for the Spanish but we showered and was bed for us ready for the morning to explore.









We got up at 8am and then headed to a brunch place called Lato - Born that was only down the road from the hotel. It didn't open till 10am so we had to wait outside for it to open. I'm doing a separate post just for food.









After breakfast we walked to Barcelona Cathedral which was a 10 min walk away.





Was meant to come back to this bakery to get a pistachio croissant but didn't get the chance to











Ticket to go in was €14 which is really expensive. I had to put a cardy around my legs as well as I had shorts that were showing my thighs















Was not worth the €14. Cathedral isn't that big and I just can't appreciate cathedrals and churches.

After we walked to Las Ramblas which was only a 7 minute walk away.

















We were warned by pretty much everyone to be careful of pick pockets in Barcelona - especially in Las Ramblas as it's the biggest tourist hot spot but we were absolutely fine and didn't see anyone acting suspicious or get pick pocketed. I had my phone on a lanyard across my body and a backpack on my back. Didn't feel unsafe and at some points my phone wasn't around my body as I was taking photos and felt safe. We were a bit wary of giving my phone to people to take our photo though.

We stumbled upon the fresh food market.









You could get all sorts - meat, fish, paella, fruit, veg, dried fruit/nuts, fresh juice, crisps, cookies. Just everything. We didn't get anything as we were going to come back to get food. Holly got a watermelon juice that was nice and refreshing.




Toilet pit stop to Maccies where I got an ice cream cone - €1.10









I've been to Barcelona twice - with my parents when I was really young think it was only for a day then with school when I was in year 9. We got the first flight from Liverpool and the last flight home so it was less than 24 hrs. We went on the open top bus and the Nou Camp and we got left by the teachers in this El Corte Ingles department store for a few hours while they definitely went to a pub/bar. We were told not to leave it and could get food from the cafe on the top floor. Me and Holly were mates back then but weren't best mates so I guess that was our first trip abroad sort of.

We walked to this famous churro place (be on the food post) then headed to Sagrada Família which is having it's own post also!















We went up to have a look at the roof top bar we had in the hotel but didn't end up spending time there as we didn't get the chance to.






It was weird being back in Spain as I hadn't been in over 7 years. I used to go all the time when my parents had the apartments but since we sold them I've not been back since. It was so nice to be away but it didn't even feel like I went away/ I've been back over a week and desperately looking for another holiday especially when summer is definitely over now in England as it just hasn't stopped raining today. it was hot in Barcelona but I didn't get a decent tan as I wasn't there long enough!

Plenty more posts to come come - Sagrada Família, trip to Montserrat, Park Güell, Casa Batlló and all the food we ate!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment