Friday 4 October 2024

Nina Nesbitt

 


Went to see Nina Nesbitt this evening with Holly at The Jacaranda. It was a very random last minute thing as Holly asked me like two days ago if I was free after 4pm today.

Holly bought her new album on CD & vinyl - Mountain Music which included tickets for an album launch show. We got there for 4:45pm - the ticket said start 5:15pm - 5:30pm which we were confused at how it was only 15 minutes... It was downstairs of the Jacaranda Bar so very small and intermate. It started after 5:15pm and she sang 4 songs from the new album and did last about 15 minutes! She sang the following songs in order...

On The Run
Pages (Holly's favourite)
Mansion
Parachute







I didn't have the best view due to this woman being in the way.

I knew of her but couldn't name 1 song and I haven't listened to the new album. I'm going to listen to it in the morning when I go to the gym.

She was really good. Was just her with a guitar and nothing else and that's when you know they're good when they don't anyone else or any backing music.

Straight after she went upstairs to do a meet and greet to get your CD/vinyl's signed. We were the 3rd in line so didn't have to wait and queue. Was in and out The Jacaranda within an hour.



She was really nice and is dead pretty. Asked her wasn't she sweating in the coat, scarf and hat cos I was and just had a tee with a jacket on. She said she hadn't washed her hair in 3 days - snap!

After we went to Rudy's on Bold Street for dinner



Almost Lasagne - Bolognese + San Marzano tomato base, topped marinated red + yellow cherry tomatoes + Pecorino béchamel. Finished with fresh basil and olive oil - £13.90


Gorgonzola + Capocollo - Gorgonzola, fior di latte + Gran Padano base, topped with fresh rosemary + Tuscan Capocollo. Finished with toasted walnuts, basil + olive oil - £13.90


I've been craving pizza for a while so finally got my pizza fix. We both got the specials - I got the lasagne one but didn't think it tasted like a lasagne - Holly said it did. Holly's was very cheesy and only when we got it did we realise it didn't have a tomato base.

This is the 4th time I've had a Rudy's the previous 3 times were at the Castle Street one and I got the special every time bar the last time where I got take away during a Christmas night out. The previous specials have been better and the summer specials are better as they do stuff like pesto.

They seemed to be really busy tonight and sat us at the bar which we weren't a fan of as it's a high seat which I don't like and don't get much space. Also the plates are way too small for the pizza so makes it really hard to cut. The pizza wheel cutters are useless better off using the knife!

Nice little impromptu night and another gig ticked for the year and I'm going to see Bastille next Sunday at St George's Hall for candlelight session which I can't wait for! Will be amazing. See you again soon Dan!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment