Friday 20 July 2018

The Killers - Macron Stadium

THE KILLERS
Macron Stadium, Bolton
Friday 13th July 2018


Last Friday I went to see The Killers at the Macron Stadium in Bolton. It was my first ever stadium gig! I went with Desiree, her cousin Natalie and her boyfriend Ollie who drove us up there. 



The weather has been amazing with the heat wave but the ONE day I needed it to be nice it was cloudy all day, looked and forecasted to rain during the gig. It was so annoying! I still didn't prepare properly for it though, I didn't take a waterproof or anything hoping the forecast was lying to me.. We got there at 4pm, gates opened at 5:30pm. We went to get some food,we wanted to go to Chiquitos but it was fully booked so tried Frankie & Bennies, Ask Italian and Bella Italia - also all fully booked! We went to Pizza Hut which gave us a table straight away. 

It started to rain as we we were queuing to get in so I had a little umbrella up but a security woman came over and was like I need to take that off you, I was like can't I just put it in my bag and she said no you can't take it in. So I was like can I get it back after but told me I had to go out to reception then come back and queue again. So I let her have it but when I went in there, there were people with umbrellas! Can't believe she took mine off me!! It was spitting a bit but wasn't too bad and luckily the rain managed to stay off.

I got off and stood on my own near the middle to try and get as close as possible. Made friends with a drunk Welsh couple and an Amazonian family who were all actually 6ft tall - not even exaggerating. They were all really nice!

Support 1 - Juanita Stein



The first support came on at 7pm Juanita Stein - never heard of them. They weren't very good at getting the crowd going. Don't think anyone was a fan of them.

Support 2 - Alex Cameron




Alex Cameron with his good friend and business partner Roy Malloy were back! They're actually alright just really weird. Alex went to get his guitar and passed the mic to Roy and said he's going to review the stool.. Thought he was joking but he actually spent a good 5 minutes reviewing the stool proper seriously! It was so weird like I don't know what was going on!

The girl on the keyboard - dress was so short you could see her knickers from the front and back! She wasn't wearing a bra either and her dress was really tight! Not a good look even from where I was standing!

The Killers were supposed to be on at 8:30pm but it got pushed back to 9pm and they came on around 5 past. Opened with The Man!


The Killers



































For For Reasons Unknown Brandon has been getting people from the crowd up to play the drums. He brought this guy up called Luke. He was really good and it turns it he's the drummer from their tribute band The Fillers! Which explains it all why he's so good! He's had plenty of practice! There was another guy behind me who was holding up a sign asking if he could play the drums but never got asked up. As Luke was already sat ready to play the guy behind managed to push his way right to the front of the barrier to try and get noticed but there was no way he was getting up at that point it was too late.






























Encore













"If you didn't like it we were the Kings of Leon"


They were amazing as always they just get better and better! This was the 6th time I seen Brandon and the 4th time as The Killers. I'll never get bored of seeing them and can't wait to see them again already! It was a 20 song set and you can see the set list here. They covered New Order - True Faith which I actually had no idea what it was ashamedly.. 

They played Shot At The Night which is the first time I've heard it live and I did want to cry but managed to hold the tears back. It's weird the feeling you get at a gig it's just pure joy and happiness. Just constant goosebumps throughout. Loved my first stadium gig cos it was outside it wasn't as sweaty as an arena!

I'm missing Dave and Mark but Ted and Jake are doing an amazing job in their place. I really hope Dave and Mark come back though. That this isn't the end of the original Killers line up!

Afterwards me and Desiree were desperate for the toilet, we ended up going into the men's in the Harvester then ran to the car cos Natalie and Ollie were waiting for us but we just ended up sitting in the car park for over an hour not moving at all. Bit of a rubbish place to have a gig would've been easier if it was in Manchester. We didn't need to go to the men's toilet or run and jump the fence!
The gig finished around 11pm and I didn't get home time 1:30am. I was up in 3 hours to go to the airport cos I was going to Amsterdam at 7am. I was knackered but it was so worth it!



All photos were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. No filter needed on any photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment