Monday 2 July 2018

Santa Maluco


Went to Santa Maluco on Castle Street with Danielle. The only other place I've been to on Castle Street is Izakaya. It's really the only place you can sit outside to enjoy the heat wave we've got at the moment and I've been to nearly every place on Bold Street.


I sadly don't have green hair no more! I had it dyed back last Monday as filming is over. I'd love to have kept the green hair but I just wouldn't keep up with the colour and didn't like it fading. It was stopping me from doing different roles as I stand out too much as well. It was just easier to go back black since they were willing to dye for me. It's been a really fun 4 months I've loved it but it's back to reality of having normal hair!


A full pizza is 18" which is massive when we saw everyone else eating it. There was no way we could even have half each so instead we just got slices as they were £3 each.


Danielle got the Mac & Cheese - macaroni & cheese on a pizza


I got What The Duck? - basically crispy duck on a pizza. Hoi sin sauce, duck and cucumber


I also got the BBQ Club - pulled pork, marinated chicken, red onion, bbq base

Danielle also got the Ma-Donner - minced lamb, mozzarella, cabbage, onions, srirachai yoghurt dress and mint dressing. She wrote it down but it just never came & wasn't on the bill. So we just left it.

The 2 slices I had were nice, I enjoyed them. We sat outside & basically there was no service at all. We sat down & she came to take our food & drink order that was it. Throughout the meal they never came over & at the end when we asked for the bill they didn't bother to ask if we wanted the card machine or anything. 

They do a thing called Rodizio where it's all you can eat pizza which is common in Brazil. You pay a fixed amount then they just bring you different samples of pizza throughout the time you're there until you basically say stop you've had enough. It sounds like a good idea but I don't think I could manage more than 3 slices of pizza. They do both savoury and sweet pizza. Worth a try if you like pizza and want to try different ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment