Tuesday 6 May 2014

Gunniess world record please



I can't really believe it but 7 days later, 10,000 words & 45 pages later my dissertation has been signed, sealed & delivered!!
 It's a year long dissertation from September - May... But I just kinda kept pushing it back thinking I had a lot more time than I actually did... I only seen my supervisor 3 times during the whole time!! I told myself I wouldn't let it get to last minute & that I would keep on top of things but sadly I did. 

I did actually do a literature review & started my methodology which I sent to my supervisor, but sent my lit review back saying basically it was wrong & wasn't good enough for a dissertation. So I went to see him last Monday & just broke down to him. Then made a new plan for my dissertation & didn't do anything I had planned to do & changed my question slightly. I did manage to do 3,725 words in 3 days, handed it in 2 days early just so that I could have more time to do my diss!

The past week I just wanted to give up on uni & was having breakdowns almost every singly day crying my way through my essays & work. I was going through every single emotion you can feel it was horrible I seriously didn't think I was gonna get it done!! I just didn't want to do it anyone I was over being suicidal but I eventually did it, finished it yesterday when it was due in today & now think I should be in the Guinness World Record book for doing it in a week!

One thing I’ve defiantly learned the past 3years is time is not my friend. Never more time than you think. “Plenty of time/still a bit of time left” are no longer in my vocabulary. 

3rd year is so much harder keep on top of things seriously don’t do what I’ve done cos you WILL be suicidal, depressed, crying your way through your work, hate life, hate uni, hate everyone, feel physically & mentally sick!!! As well as all the other emotions you can feel! 

You won’t get better advice anyone where else.

I kinda 'celebrated' by having a strawberry & custard tart, with a cup of tea in John Lewis with my mum as I've still got 2 more essays to do now a 4,000 & 2,500 due in the 15th & 19th so this will be last post until the 19th when I can actually breath & have a break to be excited for Florida a month tomorrow!!


Julie

XxX
Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment