Monday 19 May 2014

The end

That's it, it's all finally over I can have a break!


 Necklace - Mango via Asos
Belt - New Look
Dress - Topshop
Over the knee socks - Primark
Shoes - Vans

Baguette Houmous grilled peppers & red onions

Salade Cesar Au Poulet classic Caesar Salad, with grilled chicken and Parmesan

Omelette & Frites free range egg & fine herb omelette with Scottish salmon
So that's it 3 years at the University of Liverpool BA Hons Sociology is finally over!! It has been the quickest & hardest 3 years of my life. It doesn't even feel that long ago I was walking round on the open day being show all the buildings & touring the library. Being late to the very first lecture! It's crazy how quick it's gone but I am so relieved it's over because I honestly can't say I've enjoyed any of it. Before I even started I'd already regretted choosing the course & from the first lecture that regret was proven. I was determined to stick it out because once you start you have to finish! (Also it would have been too much effort to change course etc)

It most definitely has been an emotional roller coaster with blood sweat & plenty PLENTY of tears along the way! I think I cried through every essay this year & had numerous breakdowns that I've lost count. I feel I've been lied throughout school especially 6th form being told uni is amazing you'll make the bestest friends, have the bestest time of your time, it's easier than A-levels which I really haven't but then I think that might be because I did live at home & didn't get into the the proper uni experience. I do regret not moving out & doing freshers properly but the money I've saved has meant I can go to Florida so I guess I can't regret it that much.

I just hope now after all that I will graduate come the 15th July because it will be bigger achievement than what it is after what I've been through. I will be crying for many reasons. Especially the past couple of weeks I've learnt a lot about myself that's for sure. 
I learnt that my time management most definitely isn't good, putting things off is not the way to deal with situations. I can't deal with stress but also don't help myself to relieve it.
I can actually write over 3,700 words in 3 days if I really put my mind to it. I can read just under 300 pages in 3 days. (The first proper book I have completed since primary school!) I completed my 10,000 word dissertation in 7 days which wasn't ideal & not how I planned or how it should have been done.

After handing my last essay today I met up with Danielle & Kelly for lunch. Kelly came back this morning at 9am from her amazing year aboard in America at the University of Illinois. Which I'm extremely jealous of & most definitely would have done if I had that opportunity! We went to Cafe Rouge, I'd never been before & above is what we ordered. I went for the clean healthy option as I'm back to the gym training again as I have less than 3 weeks before I got Florida! One thing I've really missed the past 3 weeks is the gym, I cannot wait to go there tomorrow & work out a sweat!! 
The weather was amazing today 23°C! Over the knee socks was a really bad idea & I forgot how much of a pain there are constantly falling down...

I would like to say thank you to everyone who helped & supported me through the past 3 years. Listening to me moaning & having breakdowns nearly everyday but telling me I can do & I will do it even though at times I seriously was ready to give up. This is just the start of my life even though it's so scary & I would love to be a student forever, to just be young, careless but sadly I have to face up to reality!

Julie
XxX
Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment