Sunday 5 July 2015

The Very Big Catwalk Liverpool

Transatlantic 175


Liverpool attempted a world record yesterday to have the most people modelling on a catwalk. The aim was to get 5,000 people to beat the record of 3,083 that was held in Mexico. And WE DID IT! We got 3,651 people on the catwalk which was on for 4 hours!

 There were different categorises people could sign up to. Me & Holly were in Vintage Best in Show. Which was the first group up. Our call time was 2pm, arrive with hair, make-up & dressed in your outfit. We'll be on the catwalk at 5. We didn't know why we had to be there 3 hours early. 


The day consisted of a lot of waiting around. I could've got my hair, make-up & got dressed there while we were waiting around in the Cunard Building! I got Kelly to come round at 11am to do my hair for me which is surprisingly lasted.





Shirt - Vintage Mum's
Shorts - Topshop
Belt - New Look
Heels - Miss Selfridge


Dress - Tara Starlet
Flowers - Online Vintage Store
Necklace - Vintage Stall
Belt - Pop Boutique
Apple Bag - Ollie & Nic
Shoes - Vivienne Westwood Melissa








Lighting wasn't great in the room!

We had a rehearsal last Sunday & that was the first time in a year since I'd wore these heels & my feet were killing! I think my feet might have grown since my Zara cutout boots hurt as well, is that even possible?? 


We just sat around in the room for 3 hours waiting to get onto the catwalk. We finally went outside around 4:30pm & waited outside in the sun for the catwalk to start. They had all the introductions etc. The catwalk was started by Rochelle Humes from The Saturdays who has her own range for Very. There was another group not sure what they were who were on before us then there was Lindy's Vintage Boutique then it was Vintage Best in Show. We didn't get on stage till 5:45pm! We were quite nervous before backstage waiting around for so long. We knew how the long the runway was going to be (35m/115ft) but in front of crowd it's different!











It was so good such a party festival atmosphere! Didn't realise how many people were in the crowd. So much preparation for about 5 seconds? My hair was annoying me about with the wind blowing against me but I think it went alright for my photo hopefully. I don't know where the photos that were taken are going to be put up hopefully I'll be able to find them! 

You can watch the video here which was streamed live for people to watch. Me & Holly are in around the 55 minute mark. Holly was on after my she was on the other side of the catwalk so they didn't show her on the screen behind & you don't get to see her as much as me, which I didn't actually realise till I watched this back!


With us being on pretty much first meant we could enjoy the rest of the show & see everyone else.





Top - Fruit of the Loom, Amazon Cropped myself
Necklace - New Look
Shoes - Vans, Schuh







Sunglasses - Vintage Ray-Ban Wayfarer 

We walked around the docks to see what was going on as the main reason for the event was the 175th anniversary of Cunard's first scheduled Transatlantic Service. It was 175 years to the day since Cunard's first flagship Britannia left the city's Coburg Dock. There were transatlantic-themed activities around the Pier Head with a food & vintage festival & classic cars displayed. Most of these things had finished so we just went back to watch the catwalk after getting some food. We were so hungry since we hadn't eaten anything while we were waiting around! We didn't come prepared at all people had picnics & everything!


The Queen Mary 2 even came back just for the anniversary. I was really gutted to have missed when it came the last time for the 3 Queens! We also missed the red arrows flying over as we were waiting to go on the catwalk!




































There were so many different groups with a lot of Liverpool designers showing off their designs, different groups brownies, scouts, Liverpool Arab community, Everton fans, Liverpool fans, dance, community groups, actual models, hairmazing, beards, alternative the list is endless! There were public categories to get people from the crowd to sign up then they could get on the catwalk to make up the numbers. There were celebrities as well with John Barnes ex Liverpool player, Angelica Belle BBC presenter, Christopher Biggins, Lauren Pope from TOWIE who also has a collection for Very, the Lord Mayer of Liverpool. I wish I had a selfie stick or go-pro to record the whole day & being up there one the catwalk! 


It over ran by an hour and a half as they things like this never go to schedule & they didn't have enough stewards to manage the event. But considering the amount of people & preparation that went into it, it went really well & smoothly. 


The catwalk finished at around 9am, then A Very Big After Party with Liverpool DJ Greg Wilson playing music with a giant glitterball. There was a fireworks display at 10:15pm as the Queen Mary 2 departed re-creating Cunard's maiden journey from 1840.


















It was a great experience to say I helped to break a world record & I've said it so many times I'm so proud to be from Liverpool! What other city could pull something like this off with such a diverse group of people at such a good venue with the perfect weather! (Minus the wind but that's a given being on the docks. It wasn't too hot). Probably the first & last time I'll get the chance to do a catwalk & say I was a model!


We got a good bag after we did the catwalk...



Very Tote. Very Magazine. Cafe de Bain Sofetening Shower Creme. Coconut Macroon
Groomed Post Shave Balm. Rimmel Stay Matte Sample.
Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer Sample. Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation. Katy Perry Royal Revolution sample. Eau de Gaga Sample. £10 Very credit. £25 Hotel Break Voucher. £25 Spa Break Voucher.



If anyone has any photos of me or Holly please email them to wing27@hotmail.co.uk 
THANKS! :)


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment