Saturday 6 August 2016

Miyagi Take 2


Tonight I was invited back to Miyagi's as the last time we went service wasn't great. I blogged about it then they got in contact with me via twitter inviting me back so they could show me how it's done properly. 


Okinawa Blossom - Fresh strawberries, peach, pineapple, lemon juice & chai tea

This was really nice & refreshing


Danielle got the Miyagi Sour cocktail - Fresh honeydew melon, lemon juice, palm sugar, egg white, Midori melon liqueur & maraschino liqueur

This was nice really strong melon flavour & you can't taste the egg white!

Starters



Fried duck gyoza with hoisin

Mr M's Tempura asparagus, courgette & broccoli
It was cucumber not courgette


Sticky beef nori taco as recommended by the manager James.
(Still having issues with my Samsung Galaxy S5 having issues with focusing. Anyone know how I can sort this out??)

This was nice not something I'd go for & definitely went straight past it on the menu. Fried nori (seaweed) with crispy chilli beef inside with sushi rice on the outside. It was messy could've done with finger bowls to clean your hands.

Mains




Sticky chilli beef with fried rice


Grilled seabass with Asian greens

Service was a lot better tonight but I feel the pressure was on to impress. We were served by the manager James who was really helpful & friendly throughout the night checking everything was okay. The food came out a lot quicker than last time when it was just as busy as all the tables were full. The food & drink was good, both of us were so full after it. Danielle had to take most of her main home. I wouldn't recommend having tempura for your starter definitely go for something light as it fills you up so much! 

I think the seabass could have a little sauce or something to it as it was a little dry, but it was still nice. There was a bit of spicy kick with the veg which I wasn't expecting.

Thank you Miyagi for the invite back & showing us how it's done properly! I appreciate business' who do things like this, who value their customers & want to give the best service. Especially small independent places knowing that it's the customers who help them to expand. Hopefully will be back again soon to try the sushi!

On the way back outside Danielle's house we had a little too much fun playing around with snapchat filters in the car..















Love snapchat filters!

Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment