Friday 14 April 2017

Our Kitchen Liverpool


Lunch date with Holly to Our Kitchen on Bold Street - a new vegetarian & vegan restaurant. It was a fitting place to go since it's Good Friday when you're not suppose to have meat. (I did have meat for my dinner as we're not religious & don't really "celebrate" Easter.)

I really struggle to order food when I got to a vegetarian/vegan or salad type place. I never know what to order. Unfortunately I could never be a veggie as I couldn't live without meat & I don't like cheese so would struggle. They had a crispy Asian mock duck salad which sounded nice but I wasn't sure on the "mock duck". They said it was made from gluten which doesn't sound too appealing! I would've been fine if it was real duck!

The interior is really nice it's like someone's kitchen. I don't really like the layout of the tables but I can understand why they're set out like that as they really do make the most of the space & it fits. They have a tiny kitchen at the back but the food comes from downstairs which makes me feel sorry for the waiters having to carry the heavy Buddha bowls up & down!





I made my own juice - mixed berries, pineapple, avocado & apple which was really nice but the pineapple was quite over powering. I got the Our Kitchen super food salad. Which had spinach, avocado, leafy greens & nuts.




Holly got the morning glory smoothie - banana, almond butter, almond milk, hemp protein, cinnamon. 
Each day they have a different Buddha bowl & today's was Black bean, tex mex, roasted peppers and onions, avocado & blackened tomato salsa. You can choose to have it with brown rice or quinoa. The teriyaki grilled tofu one sounds really good & would've ordered that. I tried quinoa 2 years ago when I went to Crete but it was served cold & I didn't like it, I tried Holly's this time warm & it should definitely be eaten hot/warm & not cold. 

It's really nice in there, it got so busy the tables were full even though it was 3pm. I'd been in work doing over time till 2:30 so it was a late lunch for us. 
There's so many new places popping up on Bold Street, every post I do a new one's opened that we want to try! If Holly didn't live in Nottingham we probably would've tried them all! 


My claim to fame I was on Hollyoaks today as an extra! I was on the episode that was on Channel 4 at 6:30pm. If you follow me on Instagram you might have spotted it on my story.




No comments:

Post a Comment