Sunday 13 May 2018

Game Over


Unfortunately it's game over for the Liverpool Rock n Roll Marathon 2018. I am absolutely gutted and annoyed that I can't do it this year. It's killing me just trying to write this post. It's not what I should or wanted to be posting - I should be posting it's 1 week till the big day and I'm nearly ready but it's the complete opposite not what I wanted. 

I just haven't recovered from that injury I picked up after the Half Marathon back at the end of March. 7 weeks just isn't long enough sadly. Like we knew it was going to be hard but didn't realise it was going to be this hard. We had a plan set out and I was ready to do it. Mentally preparing myself to push myself to keep going but physically my body is just telling me no you can't. It's killing me even more knowing Jo and Jonny are still going to do it but I won't be there with them. Jo is a machine how she has kept going and managed to not pick up any injuries where as Jonny has been running with shin splints. 

Hopefully this isn't the end and I do recover from this and I'll be able to do it next year. Jo will be my coach making sure I do, do it in a decent time I have no excuse now! Even if I did manage to recover after taking 3 weeks off it would still be hard for me as I've only managed to clock 8 runs which is no where near enough. Furthest I ran was 17 miles - that's still 9 miles on the day is far. At least when I do it next year I'll have clocked a lot more miles and be so much more prepared for it.

The photo was from my last run on Thursday evening where we did 5.6 miles/9 km which was really hard. I pushed to get myself around but decided there was no way I'd be able to push anymore on the day with this injury. I was hoping between then and today I'd get better as today was the last day to sign up but sadly it hasn't so I have to admit defeat. 

I will still be there next Sunday even though it'll kill me knowing I'm not running it. I'll be there to support Jo and Jonny - they've trained so hard for this and will smash it I just wish I was doing it with them. Until next year it's still left unticked on the bucket list...


No comments:

Post a Comment