Sunday 6 May 2018

London


I spent last weekend and week in London. Went down last Friday straight from work with Danielle to go visit Kelly and David! I haven't been down to London since my 23rd birthday when I went for bank holiday weekend. Kelly's moved from Shoreditch to Tooting Bec.
 






Got to love a Snapchat and Instagram filter!

We got to London around 7pm on the Friday night. Kelly met us at Euston station then we got the tube to Victoria and went to Bone Daddies for dinner.

Bone Daddies






Bone Daddies Japanese soul restaurant doing ramen a bit like Shoryu. 





I need to teach Danielle how to eat with chopsticks... Very questionable technique.

The food was nice wasn't really a fan of the sushi though!

Afterwards we went to a pub by where Kelly lives and had a drink there where Kelly's boyfriend Josh joined us. We played Articulate which after Boxing Night is my favourite board game! It got pretty competitive though..! But it was fun!

Flotsam and Jetsam


We went for brunch on Saturday morning at Flotsam and Jetsam in Wandsworth Common near Kelly's. It was really busy and they don't take bookings so we were waiting a while for a table. 


Danielle got eggs royale - 2 poached eggs on wheat and rye soughdough, lime mirin hollandaise and smoked salmon . The salmon looked and tasted so good!


Kelly got huevos ranchoros - 2 eggs, smokey braised beans, chorizo, tomato, sweetcorn, smashed avocado, sour cream on 2 blue corn tortillas.


I got the coco melon bircher - oats, rye, and barley flakes, nuts, and seed mix, goji berries, apricot and cranberries with melon and berries, coconut yogurt. 

It was really nice and refreshing. I was undecided on getting this or the eggs royale but felt I can get that anywhere even though it was really fancy smoked salmon!

Afterwards we got the tube to the Natural History Museum as the weather was rubbish. It was raining, cold and miserable.

Natural History Museum










The queue was really long as it was Saturday but it didn't actually take that long to get in - full of kids and they were apparently doing bag searches but we never got searched when we went in.













Danielle's an artist... 



Mine and Danielle's artistic talents are clearly wasted...

We wandered round all the exhibitions on the ground floor. David was suppose to be meeting us in there but as per usual he was late and was going to join us but we ended up leaving and went to the Saatchi Gallery.

Saatchi Gallery


My actual hair when I was 4...

The Saatchi gallery is definitely questionable and I really don't appreciate art! We left and went to Brixton for a drink.



We went to the shops to get some alcohol as David was doing a cocktail master class in his.


No surprise I really don't like alcohol and can't hack it! The weakest cocktail please!

Brixon Market


We walked to Brixton Market to have dinner. We went to Happy Dumplings as I spotted people eating gyoza's and they looked so good!






They had a really good deal where it was £35 for 2 people could pick 3 dim sums, 2 mains, and 2 drinks (alcoholic or non). It was so much food it was just the 3 of them sharing I got dumpling and custard buns but ended up helping them eat their food too cos there was so much! The steamed gyoza's were good I'd go back again! After we went to a bar for a drink then we left David and headed back to Kelly's. 

Pachamama


We went to Pachamama for waffles a Peruvian restaurant in Marylebone.




The menu did throw me off as it was the usual sweet waffles I love and used to the waffles were made from either quinoa or sweet potato!


Danielle got Savoury sweet potato waffle - smoked bacon, free-range fried egg with yacon syrup. 


I also got a sweet potato waffle - with English berries, organic ginger yogurt, seeds. I got the yacon syrup on the side. 

Kelly got the same as me but with quinoa waffle. It didn't taste as different as I though it would but you could tell it was sweet potato and not the usual waffle better. It was nice I did enjoy it. 





It might have been miserable all weekend - raining and being absolutely freezing but I couldn't have went to London without getting a Matcha Ice cream! We went to Tombo in Soho. Yeah I got it all in my scarf... What I get for eating ice cream when it actually felt about 2°C. It was a really expensive ice cream though £3.90 it cost me! Like I don't know how they or how I could justify that. Just that I would still eat ice cream if it was snowing!

Had a great weekend down in London thanks Kelly and David!
 It was a shame that the weather was rubbish and we couldn't do what we wanted to do!

I went down to Croydon on Sunday evening to work and come back on Friday night. It was the longest week with a lot of moaning from me sorry everyone! But I was really missing my own bed I wasn't sleeping and I was sick of eating out. I was missing just normal home cooked food. Like everything was paid for by work but nothing was appealing to me. Even going to a Chinese restaurant and getting rice just isn't the same. I'm so happy to be home and going back to the gym. Definitely not back to normal this week I'm back filming with my green hair Monday and Tuesday night so not back to work till Thursday. Busy month working!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment