Sunday 23 September 2018

September Runs


Marathon training update! Run 29 it's going alright - not running as much as I'm wanting but I am getting my weekly run in. The plan is to do at least 2 short and 1 long run a week but I've only been doing 1 long run. I'm getting the miles in I guess that's all that matters really. 

Did an unexpectedly extra long run on Tuesday night with Jonny. I did say I wanted to do between 8 -10 miles (13 - 16km) we ended up doing 11.6 miles (18.7km). We ran from the gym then ran to meet up with Angie and basically ran everywhere...


Couldn't even tell you where we went as we basically just went down every side road in a circle! We did go to Court Hey Park and a I managed to do all the monkey bars which I'm quite proud of. Weight training is paying off - I'd ran about 5/6 miles at this point as well. We got back just before it started to absolutely pour down with gale force winds. I'm dreading having to run in the rain again.

It was a good run but I did start to feel my knees as we were running back to the gym. My legs were tired the day after and I'm in dying need of a pair of decent trainers. My Nike Pegasus are not cutting it but stability trainers are so expensive but I guess I'm gonna have to invest in a pair if I'm gonna do this marathon!


The week before I met up with Jonny and Ness and did 6.2 miles


6 miles


3 miles

Sarah's not ran in about 3 weeks cos she's got shin splints. She needs to invest in some new trainers too! Come on Sarah we need to go on runs again your marathon training is none existent - you didn't like the heat.. That's sadly well and truly gone now! We find out next month if we've got a place in the London marathon too!

Currently shopping around for a pair of stability trainers but it's hard to find a decent pair cheap they're all at least £120 which is a bit steep but I guess they're gonna be an investment as I'll definitely run over 120 miles training for this marathon!



No comments:

Post a Comment