Saturday 24 October 2020

Homemade Sushi

Made homemade sushi for lunch. 
I say "made" I didn't actually make or fold them my mum and brother did. I just bought the ingredients, supervised and ate...

Sushi is actually pretty hard to make - trying to fold it is hard to ensure your filling doesn't fall out and stays neat. It is a skill to perfect it. 

We have sushi rice which is different to normal rice as it sticks more. Cook it in the rice cooker then cool it with ice water. Once it's cooled mix in rice vinegar and a bit of sugar - your rice is ready to use. We used smoked salmon, omelette, cucumber and avocado. You're suppose to have a bit of wasabi but my brother doesn't like it so we never put any in. We also had black sesame seeds to roll in. 

They were really nice and filling. The cost of all this would probably be the same as a try you would get to take out from a restaurant. Only they would use fresh raw salmon we used smoke salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment