Monday 4 April 2022

Gino's 360 Sky Bar & Restaurant


Went out on Friday night with my work mates for a catch up as we were back in the office again for 2 days every week. It's been a while. We went to the Gino's restaurant that has opened on Old Hall Street which is funny because the last time we went out we went to Gino's but the one on Castle Street which has now shut and has become another Italian called River Blu. The last time we went out was for my "unofficial leaving" meal which I will eventually post about what I did last summer when I get the chance to.

The menu is the Autumn & Winter which is pretty similar to the Spring & Summer one we had last time.


I got:

Rigatoni with Wild Boar Ragu
Pancetta, red wine, tomato, pecorino cheese & parsley - £15


Julie got:

Linguine with Seafood
Wild red prawn, mussels, clams, calamari, tomato & chilli - £18.95


Dave got:

Fettuccine Bolognese
Slow cooked beef ragu & pecorino cheese - £14.75


Rosh got:

Bucanti Carbonara
Free range eggs, pancetta & pecorino cheese - £13.95

We also got garlic bread to share. Food was nice, I enjoyed it. Wish I did get the pumpkin ravioli but it's always dead small when you get ravioli but it's probably my favourite pasta.

What wasn't good was the table we booked and the chairs. The chairs were like lounge chairs which were fine to sit on just to sit but not for eating. The seat back was too far back and you couldn't rest your back against it while you were eating. I was sat on the end of the seat to be able to eat. It was really uncomfortable and not good for your back. Poor Julie's back was in bits after it. The other tables had different chairs which looked better.

It was really quiet when we got there as we had the table booked for 4pm which is super early for dinner. The restaurant is in the hotel so the hotel lobby shares the same entrance. After we went up to the 360 sky bar which was really nice as you get a 360 view of the city and it was a nice sunny day. (Will be super popular in the summer!) Unfortunately I didn't take any photos which isn't like me! It would be good if it had a balcony so you could either sit out or even just to take photos but it's indoor only. Rosh didn't book as she thought if you booked downstairs you could go up but we ended up just sitting at the bar as all the tables were fully booked. They also do small plates up there to.

After we just went to a few pubs for drinks which was nice just to have a catch up away from work. I would do anything to be able to just stay at home in work instead of having to go all the way into the office! But I guess 2/5 isn't the worst and you do get to see people but would still rather be in the comfort of my own home.


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment