Saturday 16 April 2022

SIX the Musical


Went to see Six the Musical at the Empire Theatre last night with Danielle. Kelly and David have been raving about how good it is so we ended up booking tickets when we last seen each other after Christmas as Kelly was taking her mum so we just booked to go the same day.

It's about Henry VIII's 6 wives. So a bit like Hamilton but not as big or expensive. We went to the 5pm showing and it was 1hr 30 mins with no break as there was another showing at 8pm which I preferred without having to have a break and wasn't too long. We sat in the stalls but was quite far to the right. Would have preferred to be more central but we didn't have much choice of seats.



It wasn't what I was expecting when it started. It is just 6 woman on stage who play each of the 6 wives with a band on stage and sing their story. They were interactive with the crowd and was pretty much all singing and no talking. It was a history lesson as you learn about the wives because I couldn't name all 6 of them before the show or in the right order, just about know the rhyme of divorce, beheaded, died, divorce, beheaded, survived! I've listened to the soundtrack and I definitely know more now than I did after watching the show as once you're there you are listening but can't take it all in. The music isn't typical musical music it is like modern pop music and rap which is definitely more my thing and how it is compared to be like Hamilton. Like Kelly and David have said if you're tight for money and want something a bit cheaper than Six is the one you'd go to as Hamilton is twice the price and you have to go to London to see it. Six is currently doing a UK tour with it's last day in Liverpool tonight.

After it we met up with Kelly and her mum then went to Gino's 360 sky bar with her dad and Josh. I did go there the other week with my work mates but didn't take any photos so I definitely made up for it last night.








 We had 1 drink with them then me and Danielle went for sushi at AKA Sushi which used to be called Naked Noodle on Bold Streer which I've been to a few times as it's the best sushi in Liverpool.


Rainbow Roll - Salmon, tuna, seabass, crabstick, avocado & cucumber - £12.99


New York Roll Maki - Tuna, avocado, apple, mayonnaise - £8.99
 
We tried this as it had apple in it which was something different. As Danielle was amazed at it was 2 pieces apple, 1 piece of avocado and 1 piece of tuna. The mayo was a bit spicy which I wasn't expecting and wasn't a fan of but it was nice.


I could have easily eaten all this all to myself and more but it was like 8:30pm so not the best time to be stuffing myself with sushi.

It was a nice night and we've said we need to go the theatre more often as the last thing I did go and see was Hamilton but that was in London. I think the last thing I saw in Liverpool was War House which was actually rubbish and disappointing and years ago!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment