Wednesday 30 August 2023

Aka Sushi


Straight from the airport, quick change on Sunday night for my birthday meal at Aka Sushi on Bold Street with my second family. Our flight was delayed and landed 1 hr 40 minutes later than scheduled but we were lucky to come back as if we were on the flight back yesterday we would have been stuck in Athens. Not complaining as I'd love to have had more time there as 2 days weren't enough and a free holiday but that's another post when I get round to it!

We ordered a few different bits and just shared it all



102 Set B (20 pcs) - 3 salmon sashimi, 3 tuna sashimi, 3 salmon nigiri, 3 tuna nigiri, 4 salmon rolls, 4 tuna rolls, seaweed salad and edamame - £21.99

The first time I tried here it was called Naked Noodle for my birthday with Jo in 2020 when they did the help out to eat out and food was half price. We got the Set C 28 pcs and was really good. This was just as good and was enough. It was fresh and just what I needed as I hadn't eaten since 8:30am in the morning as the flight was in the afternoon so I didn't have any lunch.


66 Rainbow Roll - salmon, tuna, seabass, crabstick, avocado and cucumber - £12.99

2 Salt and Pepper Chicken - £7.50

I think every time I've been here I've got the rainbow roll as it has both salmon and tuna.

I wasn't fussed over the salt and pepper chicken but Rich wanted it.


1 Chicken Gyoza (6 pcs) - £6.99

18 Tonkatsu Crispy Pork (Deep fried pork cutlet) - £7

The gyoza wasn't as good as I've had in the past. The pastry seemed different.

The pork was good but was a bit dry could have done with some sauce to go with it.


105 Salmon Bento Box - Salmon filet, rice, deep fried chicken pieces, salmon sashimi, seaweed salad, mixed leaf salad - £11.99

Jacob got the bento box and I tried the salmon which wasn't what I was expecting. The salmon was in like a crispy tofu skin with teriyaki sauce. It was nice but I was expecting just pieces of salmon which I would have preferred if I got this box.





The not so surprise birthday cake as I seen them carry it in. There were going to get there before me with the cake and balloons but they ended up picking me up so that ruined the surprise but I still got my birthday balloons.

Still milking this 30th with more posts to come...

Thanks for dinner Jo and Rich!


 Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm 

No comments:

Post a Comment