Saturday 2 September 2023

My Birthday Part 4


My birthday celebrations part 4 with my work mates last night. Bit of a double birthday celebration as Dave turned 65 on Tuesday. Introducing them to real Chinese food and chicken feet. Julie, Dave and Rosh met up earlier for a few then I met them up later on and we had one drink outside Fitzgeralds on Slater Street. I'd booked a table at Mei Mei for 5pm.


Unexpected sunny Liverpool on the 1st September.


They left me in charge to order the food so we got 2 lots of siu mai, 2 char siu bao, har gau (prawn dumplings), chicken feet, custard & coconut cake, char siu cheung fan (not pictured as this came first and we'd finished it before everything else came) and seafood udon noodles. Dave got wonton soup, Julie got hot and sour and Rosh got chicken and sweetcorn with prawn crackers.

Rosh and Julie tried chicken feet but didn't like it - but I'm glad they didn't try it as Dave wasn't having it. They didn't try the coconut and custard cake but tried everything else and enjoyed it. They'd only had siu mais, char siu baos and the soups they had before everything else was something new that they were happy to try. Actual Chinese food is completely different to English Chinese food so I was glad they were willing to try and trusted me to just order and actually tried everything!

Service was a lot better than when me and Holly went back in June but it was quiet and still early. We we would have been fine turning up and not booking and they gave us a table for 6. We did go on Sunday morning when every Chinese person goes for dim sum!

After we went for one drink in The Garden next to Red Door then went to Pogue Mahone's on Seel Street. My other work mates Sam and Callum met us there for one - it was freezing in there they had the AC on full blast and we went to the Red Lion on Slater Street. They had one then Julie, Dave and Rosh headed down to Mathew Street ways and I stayed in the Red Lion with Sam and Callum. Sam ended up going home at 10pm which I was really surprised and thought he was joking when he said he was going home so it was just me and Callum and he got the last train home at 11:50pm. Had a really good night and it's not even the end of the birthday celebrations. Paris next Sunday and Alpaca walking when I get back... And Athens to still post


 Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment