Sunday 3 September 2023

Birthday Lunch


Birthday part 5... went for lunch today with Sarah to Minna on Lark Lane. We were sat on a table outside for Milo Lounge which is right next door but they don't do matcha lattes so we moved over to Minna instead. They had 3 empty tables but had us and a couple in front of us waiting ages before they sat us down.

 I came last February with Holly for lunch and the menu has changed. Looking back at my previous post I said they needed to have matcha lattes..




Sarah got an Oat Milk Chai Latte

My Matcha Latte


Seasonal French Toast - Brioche loaf, dressed strawberries, pistachio brittle - £11

I finally tried French toast - the only reason I haven't is because I didn't realise it was fried with egg. I thought it was just a dressed brioche loaf. It was nice and I enjoyed it. Would never think it was fried in egg as you can't taste it. The loaf was so thick like a doorstop. It came with clotted cream which I got on the side as I wasn't sure if I liked it and asked for no mint as I'm not a fan.


Turkish Eggs - Smoked garlic labneh, vadouvan butter, poached eggs, samphire, sourdough - £9.50

Sarah's Turkish eggs didn't look how I expected it to as it doesn't usually look like this.
Sarah liked it and said it was nice.




The menu is better than when I went last year with Holly but it had only just opened and they change the menu every so often. The French is seasonal so they change the toppings. I did want to have poached eggs on toast but that was only served before 12 and we didn't get there till after 1pm.

After we got a gelato as it was so hot. Crazy September heatwave - weather we should have had in August!


Sarah got Mint Choc Chip and I had to get Vegan Pistachio as they didn't have any normal and didn't have Bounty. It wasn't quite the same but still good.



We couldn't get a selfie with our gelatos on actual Lark Lane as it was too sunny and by the time we walked down to the park which literally took about a minute I'd eaten most of mine... It was melting too quick!


It was so nice and hot today what we needed for July and August but just didn't get. Looking like a nice hot September.
It was nice to catch up with Sarah as we hardly ever see each other anymore only briefly passing in the gym when I'm going and she's coming in. She's too busy training for all her 100s of events that I can't keep up with!

Thanks for lunch Sarah!

Birthday related posts to be continued...


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment