Saturday 30 March 2024

Carlisi - Allerton

 

Went to Carlisi on Allerton Road for lunch today with Kelly and Danielle. It took us a while to decide where to go and finally settled here. I've only ever been here with Danielle and this happens to be the 3rd time! I've done lunch and then my birthday meal last year.


I got a Matcha Latte - not the best I've had was very milky and pale


Calabrese - Parma ham with smoked mozzarella cheese, sundried tomatoes, aubergines, pistachio pate & fresh basil on focaccia - £8


Arancini con Gamberetti & Pistachio - Deep fried rice ball stuffed with béchamel sauce, pistachio nuts & prawns - £4.50

Never had Arancini before and didn't taste what I thought it would. Considering it's rice didn't taste like rice. It was actually quite bland the béchamel sauce.


I got

Cavatelli alla Norma - Fresh Cavatelli pasta served with sauté Aubergine, garlic & tomato sauce. Topped with grated Sicilian pecorino cheese - £8

Pasta was very al dente but was nice enjoyed it. The small portion is well enough couldn't get the full size.


Danielle

Busiate Carlisi - Traditional Sicilian pasta with garlic, king prawns, white wine, homemade pistachio sauce, topped with burrata cheese & pistachio crumb - £9


Kelly

Pici alla Carbonara - Traditional hand rolled fat spaghetti pasta with traditional Carbonara sauce made with Guanciale, black cracked pepper, pecorino Romano, parmesan cheese & egg yolk - £7

The pasta Danielle got we got last time when we went for my birthday dinner and it was good but I wanted to try something different. I'm sold with anything that is pistachio


Nice lunch catch up!


 Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment