Sunday 17 March 2024

Villa

 

The morning after going to Macau mum's mate came to pick us up to go to my mum's cousin's villa. Uncle was meant to take us but then something happened and he couldn't so mum had to find someone who could drive us there.

She brought us breakfast for the journey. Not ideal to eat in the car...


Churn fan but it was good!

We left at 10:30am and it took 3 hours to get to the villa. The villa is huge! Sleeps 16 people - 6 bedrooms. When we got there it wasn't ready for us as my mum's cousin rents it out and the people that stayed previously were absolute tramps and left the place in a state so the house keeper was still there cleaning up. We went out for lunch as we we would have just been in the way.





The food was alright - wasn't great. Wasn't to our taste.

Then we went looking for dirt cars as you could do that but we found a go-karting track. There was a billboard that showed dirt cars. Mum's mate asked this random group of girls and they said they'd just been and gave us an address to go to so we went there. When we got there it was only quad bikes so I said yeah I'll do that but mum insisted that she wanted to get on the back of me and go as well. I knew it was going to be a bad idea and she would hate it. The guy gave me a briefing that was it didn't get to practice. He went out first and I went and followed



We went out and my front right tyre clipped a rock and we tipped over to the left side. Mum was down my ear saying slow down and that I was going too fast. I grazed my elbow and was fine. Mum bruised her side - she thought I squashed my leg but luckily the foot well is open so was fine. I was happy to carry on but mum said no and wanted to claim off their insurance but it was my fault really so they gave us a part refund when she wanted all her money back.

We went back to the villa as it was finally ready and just chilled for a bit










The selling point of these villas is they have water from hot springs - the water is naturally hot so you let it run and wait for it to cool down and it's good for you skin and help to destress. The house keeper cleaned the pool out for us and ran the water so it would have been ready for later on in the night to go in.
















There was 3 floors and each room had an en suite and it's own tub in the bathroom or outside on the balcony






Mum and dad had a room and I shared a room with my mum's mate just to save on messing more rooms that we needed to. We went out for dinner at 6:45pm. We weren't even hungry




Food still not great. Then we went to a supermarket just to pick up some bits as I wanted fruit.

When we got back we got in the pool as the water is like 70° so had to let it cool down. The water is that hot it makes you sweat. It's meant to destress you but water really doesn't calm me. 
They have a well that's been dug where the hot spring water comes from and they have a normal cold water tap so the pool can be used as a normal swimming pool. The main pool is huge and so deep. Would take a hours to fill up. I wasn't phased over it so only stayed in it for a bit then got a shower and washed my hair. Went to bed after midnight.

The next morning I should have took my running trainers with me but instead I went for a walk. The estate is tiny so was just walking round in circles to get my steps in. Went out for lunch




Liked this Chinese pancetta with rice



After we went to have a look at the stalls that were along the main road



Actual live chickens.

We then drove back and got back to my grandma's at around 4pm and didn't really do anything else for the rest of the day.

Felt like I was in Spain when I went to this villa. Just didn't feel like I was in China at all as it was in the mountains and my idea of what China is like in my head is never what it's actually like. I think it is a surprise for most people and not what they expect but that's because it's so developed now so is like any other country and the cities are like being in any other city now.


No comments:

Post a Comment