Tuesday 8 October 2013

Lunch at the Pier Head















Leather Jacket - Matalan
Gold Chain - Forever 21
Necklace - H&M Kids
Studded Belt - Forever 21
Cut Out Ankle Boots - Zara
Bag - Zara

 I look so moody & the weather was horrible & gloomy which didn't help with me being in uni 9-10 for a lecture yesterday, with an hour gap to prepare to "lead" the seminar with Hannah which involved us sitting in the library coming up with some questions related to the lecture beforehand for the seminar at 11-12. It was so awkward as people weren't really talking/discussing as much as they usually do & the tutor wasn't really saying the same things as we were & was talking about other things... Didn't go well! But when we have to "lead" the seminar & do presentations it never goes well. We're paying them to teach us so why do we have to do their work? We don't even learn from each other, I learn more from them actually teaching me.

I then had a 2 hour gap before my next lecture so went for lunch with my mum & dad down at the pier head next to the "new" museum called the Brasco Lounge Bar which is quite new. It's a nice place but don't think the quality matches up with the price tag.

I had poached eggs, with hollandaise sauce with smoked salmon on English muffins. I've never had hollandaise sauce before & didn't really know what to expect but it didn't really taste of anything? Also don't know whether smoked salmon should be eaten with poached egg? I don't think that combination works. 

I got my dad to take some photos at the dock for me but the weather wasn't very nice so the photos aren't very good! I shouldn't have took these photos either as I was 10 minutes late walking into my lecture at 2-3! I had to do the awkward walk along the front to get to Hannah near the middle of the room! It was awkward & weird lecture as my lecture is such a feminist & was talking about tampons, condoms & all sorts as the module is about gender & the body.

We had the first dissertation lecture yesterday & everyone was hoping it was going to be really helpful but it really wasn't. It was so pointless we could have just read the slides ourselves, was on the verge of falling asleep as it was at 1 but it'd already been in at 9-10, went home had a nap that made me feel worse. I am stressing out over my dissertation as I have no idea what I'm going to do it on. I know I'm interested & like the media but I've emailed my supervisor & he hasn't got back to me which isn't a good start! I seriously hate uni, not been the best 3 years of my life whatsoever! At least I have today off after 2 days of 9ams!

(The last couple of photos of town were taken after uni it was the photos taken of  & at the dock which made me late for my lecture!)

Julie
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment